Scary article

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As soon as I read the words "tar sands" I read enough.

Some one needs to punch this uneducated nerd in the face.

Here's the knobs twitter for y'all to flame if you want. @Martin_Lukacs

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I skimmed that. What a mistake, now I'm vibrating angry.

Has that fawking dolt ever heard of the Great Fire of 1919, also known and the Chinchaga fire?

The spring of 1950 saw drought conditions develop in the boreal regions of northern Canada, especially in the watershed of the Chinchaga River.[SUP][4][/SUP] The region has a mix of black spruce, lodgepole pine and deciduous forests, giving way to muskeg in lower areas.

Sounds kind of familiar eh? Weird that a dry and hot spring back then was just a dry and hot spring and now days it's 100% climate change. (Now, I do believe that the planet is heating up, and that all citizens of the planet need to take heed, but I don't for a hot second think Canada is the problem. We're probably a carbon sink, because of our extensive forests)

Anyways, that fire burned between 3.5 and 4.2 million acres of forest. Boreal forest, remember. The forest that, and I quote, " has been through many cycles of natural death through fire, insect outbreaks and disease, followed by regeneration. Prior to European colonization of Canada and the application of modern firefighting equipment and techniques, the natural burn/regeneration cycle was less than 75 to 100 years, and it still is in many areas" (source)

It's a life cycle, it's natural for the forest to burn to regenerate. IT'S BEEN PROVEN. Why are people so quick to jump all over fossil fuels and climate change?

I haven't finished my first cup of coffee yet, so I better stop before I call him a complete waste of groceries.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
every morning I watch the Global news and if there has been a temp record broken they will announce it. Many of the temps that are being broken are from the earlier 20th century well before this so called global warming caused by humans. So, I often wonder what were the excuses used back then other than holy crap its hot outside!

I skimmed that. What a mistake, now I'm vibrating angry.

Has that fawking dolt ever heard of the Great Fire of 1919, also known and the Chinchaga fire?

Sounds kind of familiar eh? Weird that a dry and hot spring back then was just a dry and hot spring and now days it's 100% climate change. (Now, I do believe that the planet is heating up, and that all citizens of the planet need to take heed, but I don't for a hot second think Canada is the problem. We're probably a carbon sink, because of our extensive forests)

Anyways, that fire burned between 3.5 and 4.2 million acres of forest. Boreal forest, remember. The forest that, and I quote, " has been through many cycles of natural death through fire, insect outbreaks and disease, followed by regeneration. Prior to European colonization of Canada and the application of modern firefighting equipment and techniques, the natural burn/regeneration cycle was less than 75 to 100 years, and it still is in many areas" (source)

It's a life cycle, it's natural for the forest to burn to regenerate. IT'S BEEN PROVEN. Why are people so quick to jump all over fossil fuels and climate change?

I haven't finished my first cup of coffee yet, so I better stop before I call him a complete waste of groceries.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
every morning I watch the Global news and if there has been a temp record broken they will announce it. Many of the temps that are being broken are from the earlier 20th century well before this so called global warming caused by humans. So, I often wonder what were the excuses used back then other than holy crap its hot outside!

THIS!!! I agree. I think that ALL the time. It's not like the records are being broken year over year - many of them are VERY old!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's pretty tough to deny we are experiencing climate change but we really have no idea what is causing it and IMO it is mostly natural and not influenced by humans. And if it is then I guess we fawked up and sooner or later the planet will have enough of us and shrug us off like the dinosaurs. Until then I'll be brappin.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Next this douchebag will be telling us the sky is falling and the earth is flat ... wait ... both are true rite ???

My family chuckles quitely when the tv says ... "hotest day on record since 1914" ....
Yes this was a couple of years ago, but not hotest day in 100 years ???

Sure climate is changing ... but wot isnt ...

I read the whole artical, tipical journalism ... and wot design made of cream does he prefer in his latte ???

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Climate changes all the time, explain how the northern hemisphere become covered in a mile deep of ice thousands of years ago. Full stop. Wait and see what happens if we actually experience a switch of magnetic poles.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh man that was a long read but totally worth it !!!

Evryone read it ... NOW !!!

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the thing is the earth has been getting warmer ever since the last ice age......who caused that??? definetly not us cause we werent around. so far as record temps go.....i allways get a kick out of them, " hottest day on record", so humans have been keeping accurate records of weather for around 200 years, big phuckin deal 200 years. tell me what the temp was 1000 years ago, 2000 years ago then you will have an accurate database to see what direction the weather is actually taking

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since the global average temperature changes very little, if it is unusually warm here somewhere else in the world it is unusually cool. The mainstream media never gives those numbers either.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh man that was a long read but totally worth it !!!

Evryone read it ... NOW !!!
I agree.....unfortunately I doubt it will be widely distributed. But definitely makes ya want to burn some gas.

Top Bottom