CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't be Sale... must be Eagles Pass - crazy creek is by Eagles Pass

T

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in eagles that day rode to monster bowl and saw a chopper flying around. Thought maybe they were coming for the sled we passed that was broke down.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya sales not between revy and sica.

They must have the info wrong

from my HTC

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
It's the Calgary Herald reporting on a sledding accident... is anyone here SURPRISED that they might have their facts wrong?

I'm just trying to figure out if a Spot Tracker managed to get a helicopter sent.

Manatee

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure if you activate a SPOT using the "emergency" button that they will send the chopper out.
There is also a less urgent emergency button on a SPOT that probably just gets S & R out on a sled.
I think the idea is if there is an avy or someone is hurt or dead, they will come out with Heli.
If you are just lost, different button gets pushed.

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure if you activate a SPOT using the "emergency" button that they will send the chopper out.
There is also a less urgent emergency button on a SPOT that probably just gets S & R out on a sled.
I think the idea is if there is an avy or someone is hurt or dead, they will come out with Heli.
If you are just lost, different button gets pushed.
From the Spot website:
Spot Buttons SOS = SOS: Use this function In the event of a life threatening or other critical emergency to notify emergency services of your GPS location and that you need assistance. The GEOS International Emergency Response Center alerts the appropriate agencies worldwide – for example contacting 9-1-1 responders in North America
The Help Button = Help: In the event of a non-life threatening emergency, you can use this function to notify your personal contacts that you need assistance. Additional SPOT Assist services can be purchased and programmed to your Help button as well. When activated with SPOT Assist, the Help button will notify professional services either on the land or water. SPOT has partnered with national service providers to offer non-life threatening assistance.
The help button can be programmed to send a message to your contacts such as I am not in any life threatening emergency but I need assistance at my current location.

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This story just reassured me why I spent the 100 on the spot tracker and 150 us on the service. It's a cheap price to pay to have that kind of choices at a touch of a button. For all of you that don't know. My service also includes road side assistance on my vehicle and also 100000 in search and rescue. Ever needed a helicopter? 550 bucks every thirty minutes. Oh and a free t-shirt. Long story short, it's a great service to have. Glad everybody got out.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This story just reassured me why I spent the 100 on the spot tracker and 150 us on the service. It's a cheap price to pay to have that kind of choices at a touch of a button. For all of you that don't know. My service also includes road side assistance on my vehicle and also 100000 in search and rescue. Ever needed a helicopter? 550 bucks every thirty minutes. Oh and a free t-shirt. Long story short, it's a great service to have. Glad everybody got out.
I got the Delorme InReach for this season, same features as the SPOT when used by itself and has a light that confirms your emergency message has been received, but when paired with a smartphone allows 2 way texting via satellite. I've had a SPOT for the last 4 years, great little device. used the 911 feature before when a bud broke his back in Clemina and it worked exactly as advertised, chopper was on the ground at the cabin in 2 hrs. the device was fairly new then, and there was some confusion amongst S&R and the RCMP as to how they were to respond.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sunday the 15th buddy was flown off Keystone, blew out his shoulder, pushed 911 on spot, 3 hours and chopper was there, so yes spot works just may take a while, have been part of 3 injuries that have required air help, first aid training and equip makes it much easier to deal with. best thing is be prepared with as much equip. as possible

Top Bottom