s36 install

bdeller

Reaction score
I have an 09 that I am planning on putting this kit into tomorrow. Any pointers for putting this in? Sounds like the ball joints are the toughest part. Can I just take those pieces to the dealer and have them press them and bring it back and finish the job? Or does it have to be installed before pressing them? May be a stupid question but I havent taken it out of the box yet and thought it wouldn't hurt to ask for some advice. Thank you in advance!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely do the ball joints first. Any automotive shop can do it.
It's pretty straightforward. You will have to sacrifice an open end wrench (grind it down) to make it work.

I have an 09 that I am planning on putting this kit into tomorrow. Any pointers for putting this in? Sounds like the ball joints are the toughest part. Can I just take those pieces to the dealer and have them press them and bring it back and finish the job? Or does it have to be installed before pressing them? May be a stupid question but I havent taken it out of the box yet and thought it wouldn't hurt to ask for some advice. Thank you in advance!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely do the ball joints first. Any automotive shop can do it.
It's pretty straightforward. You will have to sacrifice an open end wrench (grind it down) to make it work.
where do you need the thinner wrench on the install? doin my kit in the next day or so, I have a press.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where do you need the thinner wrench on the install? doin my kit in the next day or so, I have a press.

On the lower a arms on the cooler side. Regular wrench won't fit in there. And there is no special tool even in the brp shop manual it states to grind down a 15mm wrench. Which I thought was odd since they usually make a specialized tool for everything

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the lower a arms on the cooler side. Regular wrench won't fit in there. And there is no special tool even in the brp shop manual it states to grind down a 15mm wrench. Which I thought was odd since they usually make a specialized tool for everything
only problem is that I don't have the shocks yet. can I mock it up with my 17" ctc shocks?

Top Bottom