RX-1/Apex crank repair.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of or had a crank rebuilt? The shops I've talked to, do grind down only. CV-Tech doesn't do 4 cyl cranks and a new one is over a grand. Might have to bite the bullet but thought I'd see if anyone knows of a place to do a weld up and grind down repair. I've tried to reach Mots but can't get an answer. Was told he doesn't do them anyway? Thanks, Dan

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you cold try Mongoose Machine in Vancouver and see what they do.

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of or had a crank rebuilt? The shops I've talked to, do grind down only. CV-Tech doesn't do 4 cyl cranks and a new one is over a grand. Might have to bite the bullet but thought I'd see if anyone knows of a place to do a weld up and grind down repair. I've tried to reach Mots but can't get an answer. Was told he doesn't do them anyway? Thanks, Dan

Dan there was a guy in PA sask called the crank doctor not sure if he is in business still or not.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Myron the crank doctor passed away almost 2 years ago now. Always liked stopping in to say hi to him. See what he had on the go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the saddest story I've ever read on the interwebs....get well soon RX1, you too pleasure Operator.

Top Bottom