Runva winch

mighty1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who has one on there quad or sxs. How is it working and standing up compared to warns, viper, super winch

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy one,they are great,I have bought 3 in the past month.......Best winch for the $$$ Hands down......

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Who has one on there quad or sxs. How is it working and standing up compared to warns, viper, super winch
I bought one after reading a review on them here at S&M. Got it in the mail, installed it on my RZR, went out in the mud and killed it dead in 15 minutes. Some are having good luck with them and others not so much. I stripped the gears out of mine.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So it fails and all are junk.............LOL
If that were the case, we would all never drive a canam because even the ODD one of them fail right of the batt.............
I have owned half a dozen Runvas and would not buy anything else..........

Last edited:

mighty1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks rzrgade. And yes to many people forget that nothing's perfect , if it was then nothing would get better and there would be no need for parts and techs to fix them, and I would be out of work. Lol

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Today we worked one like a rented mule. Worked great.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rick loves it. Way better than Honda.

We are riding now

qa7e6y7y.jpg

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the 4500 on my Ranger 900 and had it stuck bad a few times and the runva winch had no problems pulling it out. My only complaint is it's a little slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a4500 on the ranger, so far it pulls like a "rented mule", for the money spent, i think it beats warn hands down, and i have pulled myself and a few others out of some messes, that a 3500 lb warn stalled on.

what happened that you are put off with the runva winch darcy, were you pulling mr #'s out of that mud hole we saw you guys in. that was becoming a deep hole.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
i have a4500 on the ranger, so far it pulls like a "rented mule", for the money spent, i think it beats warn hands down, and i have pulled myself and a few others out of some messes, that a 3500 lb warn stalled on.

what happened that you are put off with the runva winch darcy, were you pulling mr #'s out of that mud hole we saw you guys in. that was becoming a deep hole.
Just normal use Larry. Stripped the innards out of it in the first mud hole. When you seen me I was pulling Mikey out with a good ol can-am winch.
I never said they were junk gade just stating one mans experience. Take it or leave it. Glad you've had good luck with them. I didn't. But then again, I've never had any luck being cheap...lol

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just normal use Larry. Stripped the innards out of it in the first mud hole. When you seen me I was pulling Mikey out with a good ol can-am winch.
I never said they were junk gade just stating one mans experience. Take it or leave it. Glad you've had good luck with them. I didn't. But then again, I've never had any luck being cheap...lol

No problem. Like to have opinions from guys who use this stuff. And what goes wrong etc. at 2 ton plus pulling power winches are not toys. Where you were towing mike that would have tested any winch. I'll have to keep an eye on mine, maybe pull it apart and check it. Good feedback
So far it has been good but u never know. Generally cheap is not the way to go.

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thats quite bizzare, cause i have terrible luck" paying" for the "name"..............

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats quite bizzare, cause i have terrible luck" paying" for the "name"..............

Well so far the runva has done me well, I will have to say the warn on the king quad did hold up fairly well with very little maintenance, But i would try the 2500 runva $115 long before buy a warn, but time will tell with the ranger as it will test any winch, weight and rolling resistance is many times more than a quad.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sounds like you need to suck it up and get yourself a free replacement or at least "innards"

(Full Coverage Insurance Upon Carrier's Delivery)
1 Year Limited Warranty (Not Including Steel Cable / Rope)
Life Time Warranty For Drum and Gear Box
(Full Coverage Insurance Upon Carrier's Delivery) 1 Year Limited Warranty (Not Including Steel Cable / Rope)

(Full Coverage Insurance Upon Carrier's Delivery) 1 Year Limited Warranty (Not Including Steel Cable / Rope)

Top Bottom