Running Fuel/Food/Water up to fort mac

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ford dealership in Innisfail is also collecting goods to fill a trailer and going up Friday or Saturday.

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big thanks to the s&m members that have donated stuff for my trip tomorrow

Johoilio
Frock
Tiny Tim

And all the people of red deer and area for helping fill the trailer donated by Uncle Bens RV

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am filling a sled trailer in lloydminster if anyone would like to donate call Mike at 780-205-5822 or drop donations off at Lightning Hydrovac. 4801b 40th ave.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well after spending $1600 of my own money walmart told me I had to leave their parking lot..... said we don't support what you are doin of you want to donate do it through the red cross.....really? I nicely said thanks for supporting your community (keep in mind this is after I spent near $2000 total ) and he looks at me and said that I'm not supporting my community?? Pretty disgusting to say the least the Walmarts in red deer and olds have done the same thing pretty sad... so I parked across from the lot and collected all day with signs on my trailer explaining the situation at Walmart just to piss them off, oh did I mention I got to meet a nice police officer that removed me from the parking lot....haha anyways after donations pouring in from the neighboring canadian tire and community we filled the 24ft trailer and it's ready to go first thing in the morning had planned to leave this mornin but as mentioned above didn't work out that way ;) thanks to everyone who has supported!

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya seeing stories comming out from all over alberta, pretty sad

WarrenG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So it's ok to set up camp in a Walmart parking lot but not if you're going to open up your trailer and spend your own time and money buying goods from their store to help people in need? If they don't care about the communities and people who make them billions of dollars in revenue then they should pack up and stay south of the border. Despicable!

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Playing devils advicate. Thieves might take advantage of the situation and be setting up trailer and stealing all that was donated. Wallyworld might not want the liability.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Playing devils advicate. Thieves might take advantage of the situation and be setting up trailer and stealing all that was donated. Wallyworld might not want the liability.

I understand your point in a way,but who is going to take home 5000 bottles of water?
AND, how in anyway what so ever would walmart be liable for that ,IF it did happen?
Welcome to the corporate world, they are turning down sales and profit because they arent
getting free advertising for the good deed's of other's........If a good deed os going to be done
they want to do it for the tax right off and the goodwill advertising that goes with it.
Donating to the red cross is fine, but is the red cross there RIGHT NOW, feeding people in temp,
camps along the highway going south? giving away free gas and diaper's? ect.ect.
NO, I DON'T THINK THEY ARE.......IT'S THE PEOPLE OF ALBERTA BANNING TOGETHER GETTING
THE JOB DONE.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not trying to be a dyck, but when you give money to the red cross you have no idea where it is going to go.......That's just the way it is,it could go to anywhere in the world where help is needed. Huge offices with load's and load's of pencil pusher's,
IMO they are making a plan to help in the future NOT RIGHT NOW, and not for the last 5 day's.
I want my money to go to the people in alberta that need it and the small scale mostly unorganized guy's and gal's running around are (IM sure) having the most impact on the immediate problem's that need solving.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
....and saskatchewan.. lol

Will be set up in Peavey Mart Lloydminster for better part of the day tomorrow (Saturday ) .

Talked with the evacuees center in Lac LA Biche today and they need socks and underwear (new) for kids to adults. Also sweaters or sweat shirts. Kids clothes, baby formula, baby food, diapers etc. Also I beleive dog kennels and pet food. I know you can't get it all there but please bring what you can.

It will all help.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rosenau Transport Ltd Red Deer and Tryson Oil Field Blackfalds started heavy haul to Ft Mac.

Rosenau took 4 refer-vans of donated goods from Red Deer area, Tryson hauled camp shacks out of Edmonton area to Air Port Staging area,,, "South of there for forest fighting crews." fuel and gen-sets to power them up.

Many companies across the province have big rigs rolling.

Good on all for doing what we do best.

Pal don

WarrenG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's amazing to see how much of an impact individuals and the private industry have had to help people survive these past few days. Another major disappointment from our provincial and federal governments but that should come as no surprise when considering the leadership currently in place.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Not trying to be a dyck, but when you give money to the red cross you have no idea where it is going to go.......That's just the way it is,it could go to anywhere in the world where help is needed. Huge offices with load's and load's of pencil pusher's,
IMO they are making a plan to help in the future NOT RIGHT NOW, and not for the last 5 day's.
I want my money to go to the people in alberta that need it and the small scale mostly unorganized guy's and gal's running around are (IM sure) having the most impact on the immediate problem's that need solving.
Actually, I just read in the other thread that the Red Cross is sending every penny of these donations to the people of Ft. Mac.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually, I just read in the other thread that the Red Cross is sending every penny of these donations to the people of Ft. Mac.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I would hope so. People are donating money to the Red Cross to help the people of Fort Mcmurray. But like Lloydguy said. that money may not necessarily go to where people wish it goes to. It goes into general coffers and is doled out from there.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to thank each and every S&M folk for showing we have hart,,, it looks dammed good on "all" of us to have these threads showing the information handling when needed, common chat across the Province to many that view the thread, and we can show it to our friends and folk we meet along the way that Sled and OHV folk do have harts...

Out Door people as I like to say since OHV/ Sled is just a small fraction of our living life full...

This S&M community is one awesome thing that many of us have seen grow and evolve into brother and sister hood, and will continue to do so long before I returned to it from my short stint away.

It brings home the reality of human spirit, community that it was intended to do, sure it gets cross threaded and side ways at time,,, as to be expected. "But," in all it has been one of my fav sites and groups to stay with each day when I have time to see the happenings.

Albertan's joins hands with Nabors on each side of us, S&M is a tool that connects the dots.

Very lucky we are. Pal Lem

Top Bottom