Running board upgrade

Stantheman

Reaction score
So its 35 degrees out so naturally all I can think about is sledding.

I have a few issues with my sled that I want to get fixed/upgrade before the season.

2012 Summit X

Bar height - getting a taller riser
Seat height - considering getting an older seat(lower) but hate to lose my little bit of storage. I have kicked the seat a bunch of times transitioning from one side to the other so I would like a lower one.

Running boards - Notice I ride with alot more confidence when my boards are clear, hell who doesnt, so I decided it is a worth while upgrade. Problem is, and the point of this thread, I'm not sure what brand to get.

I going to stay away from air frames because from what I can tell if these dont work out I can go to air frames later but nother the other way around because you cut away the stock edge.

Looking for what evacuates snow better, easier install and durability.

Thanks fellas

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the plastic running board inserts on 3 of my sleds now and love them. Rigid as hell, you can put traction where you want it, and absolutely nothing sticks to them.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure u wouldn't regret going airframes. 2/3 of the way through the install on mine after yesterday. Can't wait to use em.

Luck.ycangus

Reaction score
thanks occ zigzag the Feethookers boards have been working great for everyone who has them.

wiseguy

Reaction score
I went with Ratsled out of Vernon. They work great.

Attachments

• IMGP1817.jpg
    IMGP1817.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 304
  • IMGP1822.jpg
    IMGP1822.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 303

tranquillicer

Reaction score
I did the Feet Hookers on my daughters M8 and i doubt you would have to worry about Air frames if you try these first.....they work very well and are a breeze to install. As my pro-file pic would suggest, I've done the Air Frame install also

Ms. Swimmer

Reaction score
When you are changing up your running boards you are pretty much committed regardless of which way you go. You are either cutting them off or cutting big holes in them you can't go back to stock either way.

This is the first year I have got to ride with Airframes and let me tell you in one word........WOW!!!! I always carried a stick in my pack and when we would stop I would be furiously scraping the snow and ice off my boards or while I was riding doing the "running board shuffle" you know what I am talking about!!! Not this year!! In fact when I tried to do the "running board shuffle" I almost landed on my head because my feet caught and I came to an abrupt stop that I wasn't expecting....DOH! I soon learned to quit that because I didn't need to because my boards stayed clear.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you are changing up your running boards you are pretty much committed regardless of which way you go. You are either cutting them off or cutting big holes in them you can't go back to stock either way.

This is the first year I have got to ride with Airframes and let me tell you in one word........WOW!!!! I always carried a stick in my pack and when we would stop I would be furiously scraping the snow and ice off my boards or while I was riding doing the "running board shuffle" you know what I am talking about!!! Not this year!! In fact when I tried to do the "running board shuffle" I almost landed on my head because my feet caught and I came to an abrupt stop that I wasn't expecting....DOH! I soon learned to quit that because I didn't need to because my boards stayed clear.

X2

I had the other ones and went to airframes. Dont waste your time and money on the other ones.

krash

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out RSI dumper running board they got some pretty cool stuff!

dooradical

Reaction score
I ran the WRP wide boards and loved them. I never had snow build up even on the deepest powder days, and they where strong too. I weigh 230 lbs (104 kg) with my gear and they would barley flex when I got out on the outside. I have heard that the WRP inserts aren't as open as the wide boards, so they don't clear the snow quite as well. (I live in Utah where they are manufactured and that is what the manufacturer told me, but who knows if he was just trying to sale the more expensive setup.) He said they would still do a good job though. I have also done a lot of research on airframes and it seems like they are well liked by their buyers.

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We built these last year for our turbo XP build, they worked awesome, we had also built a set the previous year for our Dragon turbo build.

Attachments

• DSCF5974.JPG
    DSCF5974.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 153
  • DSCF5972.JPG
    DSCF5972.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 149
  • DSCF5967.JPG
    DSCF5967.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 153

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't changed mine on my Pro yet, but after last season, I'm very leery of going to the insert style board. I've seen more than one occasion on the Pro RMK where there isn't enough meat / heavy enough material to rivet the inner part to and they rip out easily. Leaning towards the Airframe style for that reason alone.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't changed mine on my Pro yet, but after last season, I'm very leery of going to the insert style board. I've seen more than one occasion on the Pro RMK where there isn't enough meat / heavy enough material to rivet the inner part to and they rip out easily. Leaning towards the Airframe style for that reason alone.
Beels are the Feethookers insert style?

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

HRT Offroad has them on his Poo and no problems. I've smashed mine off stumps and no busted rivets yet, Lots of meat to riv to. The air frames are nice forsure and really both setups will stop the biuld up on the boards. Cant really go wrong with either 1.

Luck.ycangus

Reaction score
The only set that I had to replace this year was when a friend caught a stump and ripped a couple bars out of the middle of the feethookers. They never ripped or tore around the edge wre they are riveted. Just like any set of after market boards If they are installed right you shouldn't have any problems.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody know if there is a dealer for the airframes in Calgary? The search didn't help.

Top Bottom