Ruger SR22

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With these being hard to find I could not believe my luck that WSS had 2 in stock for their grand opening I just need to get out and get these sighted in.Red neck city woo hoo.
30tib06.jpg

nvpppz.jpg

nebwaq.jpg

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drum looks cool kinda like a tommy gun.Yea most miss feeds are from the magazines I hope these Battledyne mags feed
well.I have heard the shooters ridge mags work well.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice....I'd like get a M&P 15-22, but these are nice too. Both are super hard to find!!

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DRD the SR22 and 15-22 are not AR variants. They don't share any important parts and they aren't classified as restricted.

If you want the AR look and feel but still unrestricted, cheaper than 5.56 to shoot, and 10 round mags, check out the JR Carbine in 9mm (or 40 or 45).

Attachments

• 20140123_201821.jpg
    20140123_201821.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 178

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YupM&P 15/22 is restricted and no 25 round mags allowed. You gotta wonder who makes these rules its still a 22lr.Still the cheapest too shoot is a 22.The 9mm and 45 pistol variants are not restricted.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I was in Caroline supplies and they had a .22LR that was restricted.i cant recall the brand of rifle,but i dont know why anyone would buy a restricted .22, friggen useless i think..Who shoots a .22 at a range lol?

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DRD the SR22 and 15-22 are not AR variants. They don't share any important parts and they aren't classified as restricted.

If you want the AR look and feel but still unrestricted, cheaper than 5.56 to shoot, and 10 round mags, check out the JR Carbine in 9mm (or 40 or 45).

SR22 is a fancy 10-22, RCMP decided M&P is an AR variant, not going argue with you, order one and let me know what you find out.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh those crazy RCMPs. Did not realize that about the 15-22, and yes I agree that it makes pretty much zero sense to own one now. Braddock what are you thinking?

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh those crazy RCMPs. Did not realize that about the 15-22, and yes I agree that it makes pretty much zero sense to own one now. Braddock what are you thinking?

Yep, M&P is guilty by loose, real loose association. Any firearms owner who has voted lieberal or who doesn't belong to NFA or CSSA, preferably both, is part of the problem also IMO.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YupM&P 15/22 is restricted and no 25 round mags allowed. You gotta wonder who makes these rules its still a 22lr.Still the cheapest too shoot is a 22.The 9mm and 45 pistol variants are not restricted.
What a world we live in hey. You can't have a 25 round magazined, AR Variant, but you can have a Ruger 10/22 with a drum magazine, which is exactly the same thing except that it doesn't look like a scary black rifle.

Those JR Carbines are interesting.

The M&P 15-22 was imported into Canada originally with 25 round magazines as advertised. The magazines would work in either the M&P 15-22 rifle or pistol and was advertised both ways. HOWEVER, magazines designed or manufactured for use in both rifles and semiautomatic handguns are subject to the handgun limit of 10 cartridges...so now they are prohibited devices. Get it? lol. I guess the owners of these had letters sent to them advising they had to get them pinned, or turn them in, etc.

Well I'm glad you asked lol.

The only reason I would think about one is for a training platform for if you had a real 5.56 AR. It's way cheaper than 5.56 and while you aren't going to get the same experience as the big rounds ie muzzle climb etc, its still good for training purposes. But yes, it is a bit of a boner that you have to play within the rules of restricted as far as transport goes, and be restricted where you can take it. So yes, for that reason, dumb purchase. Basically get the same thing, but not be as tacti-cool, with a Ruger 10-22, put in a different stock with a big butler creek job mag.

Don't get me started on what is restricted and what is not, and the reasons (or lack thereof) for doing so. The M&P 15-22 is classed as a variant of the M-16 'assault rifle' under the criminal code. I don't get it. For the trouble I would go 5.56 too.

Another interesting point is the Rock River ARMS LAR-15 5.56 magazines, which were "designed and manufactured for use' in the RRA LAR-15 pistol (10 round max). HOWEVER, perfectly legit to use that same magazine in say a RRA AR platform Rifle chambered in 5.56. Yes, the maximum magazine capacity for a centerfire rifle is 5 rounds, but not in this case. It's all about what type of the firearm the magazines were designed and intended for use in.

I'm really surprised this little hole hasn't been patched up by the all knowing, all knowledgeable conservative gov't.

GONG SHOW!

As we all know, laws save lives.....right? Bad guys always follow the rules.

Last edited:
Top Bottom