Ruby Falls Ride 2008

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We will meet at the UFA 5 miles (8kms) west of Edson. The UFA is on the north side of Highway 16 just west of the Highway 47 (Robb turnoff) intersection. The UFA has a resturant for anyone who wants to eat before leaving. We will leave at 6:00PM Aug 8/08 so we can take our time driving south and still have time to setup before dark.

I'll post a map next week for those that cannot be in Edson by 6:00PM

I have been asked several times about 2wd trucks pulling large 5'ers with second trailers. There will be no problems with large units; Roads are gravelled and camping area is on rock/soild ground or on the gravel flats of the river. All the specific areas I would consider camping at have lots of room to manuver large units around.

STUKAGAN

Reaction score
Garrese,
Looking forward to joining you on this ride. I have booked Friday and Monday off work. Thanks.

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be placing a first aid-survival-trail repair ammo box(BIG ONE)close to the falls. The purpose is simple if your there and have a problem you can use what you need to get back. This is for everyones safty and this box cannot be pilfered. I will post co-ordinates here and the other site so when you go for a ride there take them with you. I am open to suggetions on what should go in the box and feel free to add some things, they will all be logged and posted here. If your up there riding check in and see if anything is missing so it can be restocked. Post your findings here and there will be a log book in the cache so I know whos been there. If it gets stolen or destroyed it will be removed and not replaced. This is for the benifit of everyone.

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will be there with popo and a Kiddie Kat. I will be placing a first aid-survival-trail repair ammo box(BIG ONE) at the falls. The purpose is simple if your there and have a problem you can use what you need to get back. This is for everyones safty and this box cannot be pilfered. I will post co-ordinates here and the other site so when you go for a ride there take them with you. I am open to suggetions on what should go in the box and feel free to add some things, they will all be logged and posted here. If your up there riding check in and see if anything is missing so it can be restocked. Post your findings here and there will be a log book in the cache so I know whos been there.

much appreciated, thank you!

leftyq

Reaction score
can one ride on the road from gray flats campground on quads down to the ruby falls staging area or where you'll be camping and if so how far of a ride from gray flats to where you'll be ...

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been there before and would go again in a heartbeat.if you can only go for 1 ride in your life this would be the one.we will be coming out the friday and camping somewhere in the area.could someone block off an area for s&m ers
on the wednesday or thursday..can do ruby falls saturday and cardinal falls on sunday.:cool:

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can one ride on the road from gray flats campground on quads down to the ruby falls staging area or where you'll be camping and if so how far of a ride from gray flats to where you'll be ...

Gray flats campground? Where? Are you referring to where the old cabin was? Or possible where the Ruby runs into the Cardinal? If you can give me GPS coords I can tell you the distance.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
...could someone block off an area for s&m ers
on the wednesday or thursday..can do ruby falls saturday and cardinal falls on sunday.:cool:

I am pretty sure we'll all be able to camp together. If not on the flats then in the clearing right after you turn onto the Cardinal road.

I was thinking the Southesk Trail for sunday. That way all can see where the money goes that is raised at the Edson ATV Club Rally.:cool:

Maybe RKnight or Dragonlady can bring the S&M banner out for the weekend.;)

alandbonnie

Reaction score
alandbonnie here, just returned from the Snow & Mud 2nd Annual Event, had a blast. We are very interested inthe Ruby Falls event. When is it? How do we hook up with what is going on? Been reading the scripts here but not sure of the area. Information to attend would be great. We are members of the Snow & Mud so would love to go.
Thanks

leftyq

Reaction score

sorry i miss wrote it , grave flats ...are there any restrictions to driving the quads on the main road between camping areas?

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alandbonnie here, just returned from the Snow & Mud 2nd Annual Event, had a blast. We are very interested inthe Ruby Falls event. When is it? How do we hook up with what is going on? Been reading the scripts here but not sure of the area. Information to attend would be great. We are members of the Snow & Mud so would love to go.
Thanks

Ruby Falls is approx 2hrs south of Edson. We will basically be riding the foothills between the Cardinal River and Brazeau River.

No need to sign up, just meets us at the meeting area or at the camping/staging area.

(Hint: Double click on the word "here" below to follow the links and then page back to this thread.)

Info on when is ->here<-

Meeting place info is ->here<-

Driving directions if you cannot meet at the meeting area are ->here<-. Use the map that is ->here<- to make the directions easier to understand.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trail details:

Ruby Falls: Both trails are apporx. 14 miles each way. Lower trail (rougher with many water crossings) takes 1 to 1.5 hours of riding time each way. Upper trail (Muddy/Swampy areas but a view of the lakes) takes 1.5 to 2 hours of riding time each way. Scenery/pics will add another 1 to 2 hours to each leg of the trip. 2 hours at the falls including time for lunch. Water crossings and terrian on both trails require a min. 125cc ATV or full size bike.

Grave Flats Tower: Takes 30-40 mins to reach the alpine. We'll only do this if the skys are clear enough for a good sunset. Kids quads can make this trip.

Southesk Trail: Approx. 6 hrs round trip. This trail has a little bit of everything; Some mud, some water crossings, some hills, some very fast sections, some muskeg, some history, scenery, etc. Min 125cc quad to make this trip due to water crossings and hills. Sport machines need extra fuel.

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like this trip is going to have a much larger turnout than expected after such a great campout this past weekend. Rain or shine I'll be coming!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
This sounds like an awesome weekend;)Too bad we got prior commitments,would love to come.I'm sure my family would understand if we ditched the reunion to go quadding:d wouldn't they??:confused:

alandbonnie

Reaction score
Yes you are right DragonLady, quadding is a priority, however , we have a family commitment for the Fishing Derby in Lac La Biche and then on to do the Iron Horse Trail on quads. So we miss this trip to Ruby Falls, but hope to do it either next year or try it later in August. All the best of fun to everyone that goes, I know you will, we sure did at the Outwest 2nd annual run.
Cheers, have fun!!!!

Top Bottom