RT 1000 sway bar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought an RT 1000 with the sway bar removed with fox floats and the holtz 42" a arms. Im really not happy with the way the shocks work with out the sway bar. Is there any easy ways to put it back in. Does any one have one they want to give me ?

Thanks Matt

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just cut mine in half last spring because it sucked with it in there. lol
granted i still have the stock shock/spring combo in the front with the sway bar in i found the machine to be terribly heavy, like heavier than it already is terribly heavy, turning and sidehilling, boondocking through the trees etc. trail riding it was okay because you never had to lean it over but anything else the sway bar sucked. was way to stiff in the front end.
oh and it would be a pia to get one back in without engine/suspension removal as i had to cut mine in half to get it out.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see you are RT fans just searching but I need a RT 162 track you got any spares ?????
see maxwell has a 163 i think for sale should work for ya off a 2011 but has same pitch i think.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RT's work way better without a swaybar, or swap in the newer style with a quick disconnect. The lack of a swaybar kinda sucks on the trail but who cares cause you only ride the trail to get to the good stuff anyway.

Magnet all you had to do to get yours out is unhook it and lift the sled way in the air to fully droop the front a-arms and then it will slide out in one piece.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RT's work way better without a swaybar, or swap in the newer style with a quick disconnect. The lack of a swaybar kinda sucks on the trail but who cares cause you only ride the trail to get to the good stuff anyway.

Magnet all you had to do to get yours out is unhook it and lift the sled way in the air to fully droop the front a-arms and then it will slide out in one piece.

yeh we had it in the air but i like makin sparks more than taking more stuff apart;)

rkrahn80

Reaction score
I have a spare track off my RT 1000. It's a 162" track. Let me know if you are interested

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Each to there own, I sold my last RT to a buddy of mine and the first thing he did was hack off the sway bar and I havent liked its handling ever since. I find I can run my shocks softer with out bottoming with the sway bar in, I like to run my floats with some sag in them up top, but if you dont change the pressure for the trail down it bottoms out like crazy. Thinking with the sway bar in would allow me to run my shocks soft like i am, so that when one shock starts to bottom it would start to compress the other side, best of both worlds im thinking. So now that I know I can get one in easy, did any one not cut theres off. Could be worth a case of beer.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Each to there own, I sold my last RT to a buddy of mine and the first thing he did was hack off the sway bar and I havent liked its handling ever since. I find I can run my shocks softer with out bottoming with the sway bar in, I like to run my floats with some sag in them up top, but if you dont change the pressure for the trail down it bottoms out like crazy. Thinking with the sway bar in would allow me to run my shocks soft like i am, so that when one shock starts to bottom it would start to compress the other side, best of both worlds im thinking. So now that I know I can get one in easy, did any one not cut theres off. Could be worth a case of beer.

Sounds like you should look into that kit that ties the floats together to allow pressure to transfer between them.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can toss it around quite well, thats not the problem. I should just be looking at shocks that dont have to be rockhard to not bottom out. To bad the bank account doesn't agree.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha I got some XRS ones i might try. Just not sure if the length is the same because of the a arms. Really hoping to just find a unhacked swaybar. Cant seem to find one on eckomarines part finder either. Thanks for the offer

mannix

Reaction score
FWIW - I just took my 05 RT1000's swaybar off. 1000 miles on sled, it is in great shape, $20?

Hope I don't hate it w/o the swaybar.....

Swaybar is in Colorado (Denver)

Iain

Top Bottom