Roosterbuilt clutch kit for xm.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for feedback on Paul's xm kit, compared to the stock clutching.
Thanks

Ps I'm only looking for info on pauls kit please no hijacking..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boost Monster

Reaction score
Hey Casper11. Just put Paul's kit my 163 XM SP last week and all I can say is WOW! Gained 10mph track speed at low elevation! Backshifts unreal. Holds RPM unlike the stock setup. I thought the stock clutching was great until I put this kit in! Totally different sled. He gave me a Low elevation setting (2400ft) and a High setting (7-9000). Pin weight is spot on to what Pauls said for each elevation set up. Very very impressed! Highly recommened

jbird902

Reaction score
You must be the guy from Alberta Paul was talking about the other day. He said you were pretty impressed with the low elevation setup, so I ordered the same thing as I ride from 1000-4000. By the sounds of it, I should be pretty happy. Going on a 154xm x...

Yes Paul and Dave run roosterbuilt. Call (253) 333-8533 to reach them. Very helpful guys

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was about done with "clutch kits" before I tried roosterbuilt. I cant say enough good about thier stuff. The nice thing about Pauls kit is that he rides the steep and deep, he will only sell what absolutely works, and he has a regular job so he doesnt NEED to sell the stuff. I have his kit in my 2010 and it is amazing. Will be the first thing I do to my XM when I get one.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Casper11. Just put Paul's kit my 163 XM SP last week and all I can say is WOW! Gained 10mph track speed at low elevation! Backshifts unreal. Holds RPM unlike the stock setup. I thought the stock clutching was great until I put this kit in! Totally different sled. He gave me a Low elevation setting (2400ft) and a High setting (7-9000). Pin weight is spot on to what Pauls said for each elevation set up. Very very impressed! Highly recommened
I just ordered mine today after chatting with paul, I loved his kit in my 09!!! and after talking to him Im looking forward to getting my hands on his kit, 21t top gear, both springs, and his helix.
You must be the fellow he was telling me about. Thanks for the reply!!!

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear Matt. Let us know how it works when you get her installed.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my clutch kit installed today and heading to vale to try it out this weekend. With the 21t gear it still feels as snappy as the stock clutching with the 19t, and you can definitely feel it backshift harder when slowing down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well mine should be here very soon and caper11 let us know your feed back. I will be installing mine as soon as it gets here............Yahooooooooo

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well mine should be here very soon and caper11 let us know your feed back. I will be installing mine as soon as it gets here............Yahooooooooo

1st day with the clutching and I'm very happy with it. I had a stock xm riding with me so I had the chance in doing comparisons, clutch temps, track speed when cycling the throttle, side by side comparisons, etc.
There is all gain with going with this kit, and the kit addresses the problems with the stock clutching I've noticed. I thought being geared to 21t from the 19 would hurt the bottom end but my sled pulls harder than a stock clutch sled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well great to hear, I should have mine soon and will be on before next ride. Its about 320ish with gear about. You get prim spring,sec spring, weights and helix and gear its a great buy.....

X-Treme3x

Reaction score
I can vouch for the kit. I was the stock XM riding with Caper11 and when I took his sled, it felt a lot better then mine did. It dose pull better over stock. Drag racing he was about 3 lengths on me out of the hole, and the sled held 7900rpm on pulls, and in general you always had smooth power on/off throttle. Mind you I was avg 30lbs heavier over this sled. I will be purchasing this kit for mine.

Top Bottom