Road paint

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went down to Banff and covered the side of my truck in yellow paint, stopped in Canmore and got most of it off with gasoline, but the wheelwells still have yellow paint in them, any home remedies for getting this crap off?

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same crap happened to me last summer.... I went to Princess Auto and bought a few cans of Adhesive remover/degreaser ( I`m sure lots of other places sell it) and sprayed it really good, let it sit for about 20min. and went to the car wash after that. I found 95% of it came off pretty easy under high pressure after that....

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
goof off might work also, or thinner on a rag or scrub brush where you can then use comet then orange cleaner.

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Adhesive remover/degreaser is designed to be non-aggressive to the paint, removes tar and glue very easy, don`t know if I`d take the chance on using thinner....

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
use a rag then the comet and take your time and have water to wash off with decsretion and common sence it will work, I use orange cleaner, but have used thinner with q -tip when needed. Deal with paint on vehicles all the time.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tried adhesive remover and didnt work, guess comet is next. Thanks for the advice

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tried adhesive remover and didnt work, guess comet is next. Thanks for the advice
Wet a tooth brush or a used green kitchen scrubby and put comet on it, small circular movenents BE PAITIENT!!!!!!!when loose use fingernail to help along if needed,

medler

I love guns
Reaction score

You could use the paint thinner on the fender liners and the wheel tubs (wheel wells) but it is risky using it on the outside .Try to get it off the plastic fender liners as best as you can ,and then buy a couple cans of undercoating and spray over top of the yellow in the box tubs ..

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Wd-40 Works Very Good Too... Had My Tailgate Sprayed Along With About 20 Vehicles On Our Block, Quite A Few Years Ago, And I Tried All Kinds Of Removers, But Found The Wd-40 Worked The Best, And Left It Nice And Shiny Afterwards Too. Goo-gone Is Another Favourite Paint Remover --- Also Removes Crayon From Freshly Painted Basement Rumpus Rooms.... I Know From Experience.... The Kids Went Through A Whole Pack Of Crayolas On The Freshly Finished Basement, And Lots Of Elbow Grease, The Only Damage Was Where They Drew Circles In One Spot Through The Paint........

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got it all off except for the top part inside the wheelwell, wd-40 worked best with a lot of elbow grease

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been in the auto industry for years and used to own a detail shop. there is a quick and easy remedy that will spruce up your truck. go to canadian tire or even walmart and buy 4 or 5 cans of rubberized rock guard or undercoating. spray the wheel wells in the rear, the frame rails, heck you could even pick up a few cans of flat black and paint the diffs and it is also easier to get closer to the edge with the paint then the undercoating as it kind of splatters out of the can.
DO NOT DO THIS ON WINDY DAY and if doing on the garage use a drop sheet.
this will save you a lot of time and elbow grease and help keep up the apperance of the truck
and i would be careful what you put on the exterior, and would probably hand wax after putting harsh chemicals on it.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Another even easier remedy is;don't drive in fresh paint in the first place.lol. just kidding,please don't yell at me:rant:

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip of staying off the paint, I will definately try harder next time. As for the rubber rocker panel paint; I think that stuff looks like like crap and it never comes clean looking, I would rather spend the time and get it looking nice and shiny. I did paint the diffs and hitch, it needed it yearly touch up with flat black. Thanks all

Top Bottom