X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
5w20 is like piss new,cold

Can u image 5w20 hot in a half ton pulling a trailer, it is piss

Not sure how they don't have oil psi issues

They do. That's why all the engine noise issues.

I just don't understand why the change from good ole 5/30 or 10/30. We've used it forever and never had issues in the cold even.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They do. That's why all the engine noise issues.

I just don't understand why the change from good ole 5/30 or 10/30. We've used it forever and never had issues in the cold even.
Reason is cause it's. 5 % mpg better, less restriction and no zddp [ good zinc additive for friction fighting )

If it will make it till warranty is off before lack of oil issues, they are good with it

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I was talking to a mechanic one time that told me they used to start doing that becuase people were running the wrong oil filters. Apperently to Motomaster or whatever.. the "FORD" filter had a valve in the to hold oil when the truck was off. So when you started it they didnt dry run for so long.... Im not sure if you have heard one of those high mile 5.4's fire up after its been sitting for a while but it doesn't sound good. I trust the guy that told me that.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No matter what filter u have on it, even with the anti drain back valve

It's a dry start every time

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
No matter what filter u have on it, even with the anti drain back valve

It's a dry start every time

Agreed. Clearly theres no oil there.. But you would rather have some oil as quick as possible.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The motors that have variable valve timing need 5/20 oil so that works properly. To me a bit heavier is better. I don't get the ford diesel motors the dealers are putting 10/30 in those that's a bad idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I have the new tires on... swapped them then shined it up and took it to the river for some pictures.... I don't seem to be able to attach the pictures (too large?)

Anyway there are three here at 24mp

I love the way #1 came out.

Top Bottom