Riding out of Province machines in BC

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...I have some friends in BC that want me to come out for a weekend and ride with them. I am curious on a couple things though.

1. My machines are legally registered and insured in Alberta, do I need anything different to ride them in BC?

2. My 11 year old son can legally ride in Alberta on his 250cc. Can he ride in BC legally??

Thanks in advance for any input....Just want to figure stuff out before hand..:d

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In BC we have to have liability insurance, but our bikes aren't registered or licensed.
To ride on BC Forestry roads (which you usually will-at least to get where you're going) you require a driver's license and must wear a helmet.
You don't require licensing/registration and you don't require lights or spark arrestors here like AB.
I would say that your son would be ok, just stay off the main forestry roads and in specific areas. If you're in a riding area on crown land there wouldn't be a problem. Lots of kids under 16 ride here and get to areas via the forestry roads, just gotta know that legally you require a driver's license. Alberta has tighter rules in this dept. You'll have more on the bikes than we have here.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
In BC we have to have liability insurance, but our bikes aren't registered or licensed.
To ride on BC Forestry roads (which you usually will-at least to get where you're going) you require a driver's license and must wear a helmet.
You don't require licensing/registration and you don't require lights or spark arrestors here like AB.
I would say that your son would be ok, just stay off the main forestry roads and in specific areas. If you're in a riding area on crown land there wouldn't be a problem. Lots of kids under 16 ride here and get to areas via the forestry roads, just gotta know that legally you require a driver's license. Alberta has tighter rules in this dept. You'll have more on the bikes than we have here.

The operative word is Forestry Roads.....if it is a mining road, an exploration road, or a private road technically there is no need for a license. You just have to know where you are and not all CO's may know the status of the road. Your registration and insurance will be valid but the fact that the boy doesn't have a driver's license is a problem.....good luck

Top Bottom