Rhino 660 Clutch kit/belt riding low

tayco

Reaction score
Website
www.taycowelding.ca
Just replaced the internal clutch in my Rhino and did a clutch kit at the same time. The belt is now riding about 3/4 to 1 inch lower than the top of the secondary sheave all the time. I'm sure it is supposed to be riding near flush to a bit above the secondary sheave and have had it apart a couple of times and it sits back in same spot. Anyone have this problem before? Any help would be great, I'm scratching my head at this one. Thanks.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your rollers aren't in properly in your primary, one must have fallen out of its groove. When you assemble the primary you have to hold it together so the rollers don't get sideways under the cam plate. Make sure your cam plate is on the output shaft splines, install the washer over the splines so it doesn't drop down and put the nut on.

tayco

Reaction score
Website
www.taycowelding.ca
Great, thanks for the info, i'll pull it apart and check it out. I thought it was something to do with the secondary new spring but that makes sense with the primary rollers. Off to the shop in the morning!:thumbsup2:

tayco

Reaction score
Website
www.taycowelding.ca
AreWeThereYet, you were bang on the money! Pulled apart the primary and there she was, one roller sitting out of it's groove sideways. Put it together how you said and that belt is running perfectly where it should be! Thanks for your help! :bowdown:

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only other reason for the belt to sit low in the secondary is because it is warn, being narrower it will sit further down into the shieves.

Top Bottom