Revelstoke area updates 2017/18

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question. Can these out of bounds riders be identified and then “barred” from the managed areas? You know, like old times at the local watering hole? They obviously don’t respect the privilege and deserve a lengthy time out

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Currently snowing in town..

Should add up on the hill overnight.

snow is white with hard packed conditions with softer spots in the untracked areas....LOL

Go early in the morning to enjoy the pow as things are setlling by the afertnoon.

Avy conditions are still prevelent. Use your skills and stay safe.

Good choice coming tommow.... Have fun and ride safely

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question. Can these out of bounds riders be identified and then “barred” from the managed areas? You know, like old times at the local watering hole? They obviously don’t respect the privilege and deserve a lengthy time out
Or impound their vechile and they have to pay a fine to the club to get it back.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
I've said many times on this site that we are our own worst enemies in this sport Kathy. I believe there are a lot of great folks in this sport that do their best to be great stewards to the sport but there is also a contingent of the "me" generation that feel rules don't apply to them. Its like this in all facets of life including politics but then that is a subject we don't want to get started on. Keep up the hard fight. Those of us that care appreciate it!

The problem is with becoming a destination sledding area, there will be these problems!
The days of having the REGULAR folke who adhere to the rules are gone.....

I remember the old days when we used to see the snow patrol spreading the word and touring about..........I ride Revy lots and do not see the folks out like we used to 15 years ago...
I am not throwing rocks in a glass house as I am one of the ones who is not afraid to talk to the offenders.
The secret is to be nice and educate! If someone is to approach me with attitude, I will give attitude back or just be quit and leave.
Treat others the way you want to be treated and spread the word........

Remember, lots of these folks are visiting and just dont know....

The other 20 percent just dont care, but when you tell them they will be POTENTIALLY will be reported their attitude usually changes...

Yes, we have rule breakers but we are not the snowmobile police.

Educate, be nice and explain the reasons and if we reach out to at least one of the offenders. that will be another person who will spread the word...

Last edited:

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading up this afternoon and riding tomorrow. Can’t wait, looks like she’s gonna be gooood! Just two of us if anyone potentially wanted to join up.

Cheers,
Tyler

Bails

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's everyone's take on the upcoming weather forecast? It looks like in town will be getting a little bit of snow Sunday and next week. Do you think that will give a decent amount of fresh up top? We are planning on coming out Monday, just want to make sure conditions will be worth the 14hr drive .

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it's not good there head down the road to sicamous, it will be great there.

Bails

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
50 cm in the next week - is that enough???

I saw that earlier in the week, but don't see it in the forecast Any more. Do you have a website I can check beside the resort one and weather network ? Thanks for the replies guys

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s in a video on TWN -most snow in the world forecast for higher elevation

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whistler area.

No damn it, haven’t you seen every Facebook and other social media post? All of BC is getting 200+ cm because they can’t be bothered to actually look at the forecast. So it must be true.

As far as actual forecasting goes, use EnvironmentCanada, snow-forecast, ski-hill, billybob at mile 7 and the collective reasoning of your experience and come to a conclusion. I would say there is some fresh coming. Maybe 25cm by Monday mid mountain. Surrounding areas maybe more. Maybe less.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every report I look at is all over the map so who knows? The only thing that matters to me is being able to get to Kelowna next weekend and take off for white sand and palm trees :av-31::av-31:

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
42b04dde37d8ea7f926d4d162330418e.jpg

We get there on the 24 it’s looking glorious do the math lots of cm forecast

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw that earlier in the week, but don't see it in the forecast Any more. Do you have a website I can check beside the resort one and weather network ? Thanks for the replies guys

https://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/bc-65_metric_e.html
If that forecast doesn't give you confidence there will be snow, I don't know what will. Don't overthink this!

[h=2]Forecast[/h]

Tonight
15.gif
0°C

Periods of snow or rain

Sat
20 Jan
15.gif
2°C
60%
Chance of flurries or rain showers

Night
16.gif
0°C
60%
Chance of flurries

Sun
21 Jan
15.gif
2°C

Snow or rain

Night
15.gif
1°C

Periods of snow or rain

Mon
22 Jan
15.gif
3°C

Rain showers or flurries

Night
15.gif
-1°C

Snow or rain

Tue
23 Jan
10.gif
2°C

Cloudy

Night
16.gif
-5°C

Periods of snow

Wed
24 Jan
17.gif
-1°C

Snow

Night
17.gif
-5°C

Snow

Thu
25 Jan
16.gif
0°C

Periods of snow

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a great day today. If you can’t find snow then you should just find a new sport. We rode over the bumper-bars all day and didn’t even go past super bowl. Couldn’t see jack **** today. Take a look around, there’s more snow then most know what to do with:

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a great day today. If you can’t find snow then you should just find a new sport. We rode over the bumper-bars all day and didn’t even go past super bowl. Couldn’t see jack **** today. Take a look around, there’s more snow then most know what to do with:

You could see in the trees and it was good. , kept those creeks from sneaking up on a guy. Lol. Glad your buddy wasnt hurt and it was easy out of there.( 3 xm Guys)

Top Bottom