Revelstoke area updates 2017/18

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
IMG_5995.jpg IMG_5994.jpg IMG_6009.jpg

Good snow and conditions over the new year break.

Surrounding mountains through out Revy were untouched.

Last edited:

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing yet, hopefully they were prepared enough to spend a night.

From reading a different article, sounds like they were Riders with limited sledding experience on rental sleds. Although they did say they also rented some survival gear so hopefully that helps.

Always a toss-up if the mountain should be open so that there's more eyes to search or if you shut down the whole mountain for SAR. Let's hope that they are found today. If anyone does hear an update I'd appreciate knowing as well.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
They are found.

From reading a different article, sounds like they were Riders with limited sledding experience on rental sleds. Although they did say they also rented some survival gear so hopefully that helps.

Always a toss-up if the mountain should be open so that there's more eyes to search or if you shut down the whole mountain for SAR. Let's hope that they are found today. If anyone does hear an update I'd appreciate knowing as well.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another amazing weekend in Revy! Big thanks to the guys and girls at fullspeed and peaks. Had great equipment and conditions. 3 yeti bikes from fullspeed ran perfect, the snow was deep! Peaks was good, Didn't eat there but hot tubs were hot, beer was cold! Tried to go to chubby Saturday night but the PM was there.... Wolsey creek was unreal anyways, made it to chubbys Sunday

Last edited:

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
No, not Hall. That is South and beginer hills.

This was at Lipper Mouth Creek.

Favovorite for guided tours.

Lil Duke and Ozone know the area well but only go when conditions are favourable also!

Happy sleeding....Snow is deep and peps should stay home till the avy conditions improve.

We will let you know when all areas are concrete and easy to ride... LOL.. BWHAAAA.

Good riding now.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, not Hall. That is South and beginer hills.

This was at Lipper Mouth Creek.

Favovorite for guided tours.

Lil Duke and Ozone know the area well but only go when conditions are favourable also!

Happy sleeding....Snow is deep and peps should stay home till the avy conditions improve.

We will let you know when all areas are concrete and easy to ride... LOL.. BWHAAAA.

Good riding now.

yep it is good in there, but some things are best kept secret! :beer:

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please check AVCanada before you decide to go this weekend it is extreme from now tell Sunday in all aspects !!! Maybe a good weekend to NOT go out !!!

We we were considering making a last minute trip out. Heading up next weekend as well (planned well in advance). After reading the avy reports decided it was good to let the snowpack settle and not rush a trip. Sadly, I don’t think too many will make this same descion; especially with the limited snow we’ve seen thus far this year (including vale/Mcbride in that comment).

I hope everyone comes home at the end of this weekend.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok what do you call it when it's actually extreme? Super duper extreme? Was the deaths skiers? I don't recall any Sledder's caught. Thank you for the warning. Any suggestions for the guys that are riding?

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok what do you call it when it's actually extreme? Super duper extreme? Was the deaths skiers? I don't recall any Sledder's caught. Thank you for the warning. Any suggestions for the guys that are riding?

Yeah, use your head.

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Top Bottom