Rev Rebuild Parts

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh ya i forgot sorry. drinking and typing is a no no lol.
snowed at the house last night lots of sled decks and trailers running around. some friends are going up tomorrow. so i will let you know your time frame for you minor rebuild.
look closely at that carb then- are the jets the same in both carbs?, leaking boot (were they both tight?), check your crank seals too. you said pressure test was ok?, I have seen pistons flake due to lean conditions too but usually just break the ring land areas as they just over heat. this damage could be from before you bought it. If i remember your sled smells rich with oil (if i remember correctly).

Dino

Reaction score
I ve got a 04 6000 miles rebuilt at 4000 miles. Crank bearings were dry. Went with a reman crank from SEA DOO Clinic, and a set of double ring pistons from MCB. I have not had a single problem Cost right at $1000. Jugs were good. Same on our 06 , same rebuild same results. MCB piston kit is good. It comes with only one base gasket ...a 5 hole I belive. Both my sleds took differant gaskets witch I got from DOO. The crank comes with sealed bearings on the end...no more grease. I think the cost of the crank has gone up from 600 to 650. Very happy with this set up. Hope this helps. Dino

RK Tek

Reaction score
Website
www.2strokeheads.com
Your cylinders look fine...
All you need is some new pistons and the head fixed.. This will not cost you too much

Feel free to call me if you want to discuss a few options.

Kelsey

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy crappers, i ordered carb boots from MCB in Michigan last Thusday and today they are sitting on my desk. I'm very impressed, good guy's to deal with. Not even a brokerage fee. Happy customer.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got mine all together this week-end and made smoke.......she runs awesome and pulls like a tractor, heading to McBride this week-end to see what she will do at elevation.

Shibby, what did you end up doing with your's?

turbostang

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just had my 860 rebuild done by rkt.the first build was not his.the price was good on all work and parts.awsome guy to deal with.would deal with kelsey again no question.call him any time with a question and he'll answer it for you.

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just had my 860 rebuild done by rkt.the first build was not his.the price was good on all work and parts.awsome guy to deal with.would deal with kelsey again no question.call him any time with a question and he'll answer it for you.

X2 on RKTEK installed his drop in kit when I pilled up the top end and I can say nothing but impressed with the kits performance and their service.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got mine all together this week-end and made smoke.......she runs awesome and pulls like a tractor, heading to McBride this week-end to see what she will do at elevation.

Shibby, what did you end up doing with your's?

Nothing so far. It's sitting without it's cylinder on for the time being while I prep my bike for Baja.

I hope to get a better look at it in January sometime, then I can order parts and have them for when I get back early March. Maybe get a few rides in this year yet... :eek:

Top Bottom