Renshaw??

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's it like up on renshaw in the summer on a quad,a few of us are kicking around the idea of trying it this summer.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This post should be in the B.C. forum but, you can only get to km 27 in the summer as there are alot of logs dropped across the trail after that. There is no alpine quading allowed, big fine. There are alot of trails and forestry roads to ride on. You will never ride them all in one weekend. There is very little to no mudbogging here but the views and wildlife are what you quad here for. Come on out and I will show you around.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not really in to mudding just trail riding, thanks for the info lots of questions answered with you post, and I didn't even realize I posted it where I souldn't of until after the fact.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is a few pictures from a trip a few years ago

Attachments

• 102_2318.JPG
    102_2318.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 515
  • renshaw8.JPG
    renshaw8.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 308
  • dore1.JPG
    dore1.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 299
  • dore.JPG
    dore.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 291

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Almost makes you want the snow to go away. NOT

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those are fantactic pics, I'm definatly going to do some trail riding there this summer.

Canadian Country Cabins

Reaction score
Website
www.canadiancountrycabins.com
Many 100s of Km of Trail riding here {MORKILL area on the map 50km west Mcbride,all the way to AB} all skill levels.Mainly decommissioned logging trails, great for bikes ATVs or 4x4s Let me know if you come up and i will show you around...............follow the Husky!

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4extreme them are some nice pic's. Where abouts in Mcbride are those taken? I know where I want to go camping and quadding for a weekend come summer.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Those shots were from Renshaw and the Dore areas. Very beauitful and easy to get to. Even little ATVs can see it all. Beauitful for sure. Hey Canadian Cabins I`m Coming to see that area for sure

taz 1000

Reaction score
a bbtoy planing on camping out on the long weeked and doing some quading in the area any good spots to camp where i can ride right from camp.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
a bbtoy planing on camping out on the long weeked and doing some quading in the area any good spots to camp where i can ride right from camp.
Hi Taz!!!

You can park and camp at any one of the sledding staging areas and go from there as long as you don't mind rustic.

There is a very nice campsite (free) on the Holmes River Road just outside of town. The campsite is really pretty and right beside the river. No power though but BC Forestry keeps it clean and supplies firewood. Only about 10 sites there. You can ride from the campsite all the way up the Holmes River Road about 60km or so. There's grizzlies and moose to see way up there. Bbtoys is out of town until Wednesday but will be home for the long weekend. Give is a call (250) 569-0226 or stop by the house 670 Dominion Street (behind hospital). There is TONS of really nice quadding here. If you can't find a campsite, you could always pull into our yard.

Judy

taz 1000

Reaction score
thanks for the info my wife and i will be leaving friday to drive down their. the little camp ground your talking about is it on the right hand side of the road comming into town . we will probley give you a call when we get their we can get together and go for a ride. we will be driving steel blue crue cab gmc diesel with a salem le camper and 700 arcticat burnt orange quad. thanks jason

hobiretired

Reaction score
hey guys,

My wife and I will be heading to the same area on Friday as well. We have another couple meeting us from Prince George. Maybe we will meet while we are all on the trails?
We have been up the Small river to the caves. Gorgeous country! Do you know if we can continue from there to the Holmes River road by ATV? We don't want to go near any Alpine. Can't afford that! We have a motor coach with a couple candy Grizzlies, and our friends have a couple burnt orange AC 700's. One with the 6" lift!
Warren.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
hey guys,

My wife and I will be heading to the same area on Friday as well. We have another couple meeting us from Prince George. Maybe we will meet while we are all on the trails?
We have been up the Small river to the caves. Gorgeous country! Do you know if we can continue from there to the Holmes River road by ATV? We don't want to go near any Alpine. Can't afford that! We have a motor coach with a couple candy Grizzlies, and our friends have a couple burnt orange AC 700's. One with the 6" lift!
Warren.

Warren:

Where exactly are the caves?

Top Bottom