Renshaw Riding!!!!

Marry Poppins Express

Reaction score
M.P.E./Krazy-K/Animal Jim/ and newcomer FlatLandManm made the trip. Well we weren't the first guys into the renshaw this year but we did make it to the cabin so that is an inprovement from last years first ride. I wish I could post some pics for you guys who haven't made it up there yet but somwhere along the lines I lost my camera, a little more expensive weekend then I had planned. So as for the trail it was snowing hard in town yesterday there was 2-3 inches of fresh snow in the upper parking lot, so we unloaded there. Guys were parking after the first bridge and riding from there with little difficulties. The trail was really smooth with the acception of a few creeks up the logging road then the creeks in the cut blocks. The tree trail was easy to ride threw with now problems. At the cabin there is lost of snow, didn't probe but sunk in to my nutz when I put my jerry can by the trees. Fresh untracked powder was plentifull if you got any distance from the cabin, Wind drifts were soft as feathers and a blast to plow through. My 159" track wasn't nearly enough track to get me up every hill but I was fine with that. As far as posting pics FlatLandMann should be posting a video of my crash, nominie for best crash of the year maybe, who knows. :d

GRD

Reaction score
Was it a bad crash? Much damage?

M.P.E./Krazy-K/Animal Jim/ and newcomer FlatLandManm made the trip. Well we weren't the first guys into the renshaw this year but we did make it to the cabin so that is an inprovement from last years first ride. I wish I could post some pics for you guys who haven't made it up there yet but somwhere along the lines I lost my camera, a little more expensive weekend then I had planned. So as for the trail it was snowing hard in town yesterday there was 2-3 inches of fresh snow in the upper parking lot, so we unloaded there. Guys were parking after the first bridge and riding from there with little difficulties. The trail was really smooth with the acception of a few creeks up the logging road then the creeks in the cut blocks. The tree trail was easy to ride threw with now problems. At the cabin there is lost of snow, didn't probe but sunk in to my nutz when I put my jerry can by the trees. Fresh untracked powder was plentifull if you got any distance from the cabin, Wind drifts were soft as feathers and a blast to plow through. My 159" track wasn't nearly enough track to get me up every hill but I was fine with that. As far as posting pics FlatLandMann should be posting a video of my crash, nominie for best crash of the year maybe, who knows. :d

Marry Poppins Express

Reaction score
Launched off blow drift, came down on rock. sled stopped dead and I got catapolted over the bars folding them onto the guages. anialated the a arms but was able to ride down, broke the hood, removed but didn't break the windshield, luckily I wasn't hurt. maybe my pride a little bit for not cheching the landing zone but I guess I just got a little carried away on my first ride. A few other minor scratches but I'm sure glad I installed a new heavy duty bellypan or things would have been much worse.

jackal

Reaction score
thanks for taking the time to inform us all! smile all' its going to be a good year! THINK SNOW!!!!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Launched off blow drift, came down on rock. sled stopped dead and I got catapolted over the bars folding them onto the guages. anialated the a arms but was able to ride down, broke the hood, removed but didn't break the windshield, luckily I wasn't hurt. maybe my pride a little bit for not cheching the landing zone but I guess I just got a little carried away on my first ride. A few other minor scratches but I'm sure glad I installed a new heavy duty bellypan or things would have been much worse.

Hey I know where you can buy a 600,If that big kitty has to much power for ya !LOLGlad to hear your alright,Hope t0 hook up with you guys on the hill this year!
catmando!

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow up to your nuts eh?

Deep snow or low nuts?

Its amazing what a few days can do up there, at 1 or 2 feet per day, it doesn't take long

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There will be 6 of us @ McBride on the 29th and 30th. It sounds like there might be enough snow to have some real fun out there.

dragontamer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just before you come into town from the east side just before the bridge you take a right, follow the road to a T, take a left, follow that road all the way past the residential area and you will see the staging area. Its about 11 k off the highway

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, going to be a busy place. Me and a few other people will be there 27th to 30th. Can't wait!!!!

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
theres 4 of us going to mcbride renshaw on the 6th and 7th of december my buddy lee on his apex me on my m1000 my buddy steve on his m1000 and my buddy mark who is renting from mcbride first thing saturday morning what he is riding is undetermined at this time but im happy to know that theres lots of snow up there because im in athabasca and there is no snow here has any one been to the renshaw last weekend nov 29 and 30?? if so how much snow is there now?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We were there,You will be fine.Ive posted pics under the Cook at the Giggling Grizzly and Mcbride conditions.
catmando!

Top Bottom