Registration/Insurance on kids sleds

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to KNOW the laws regarding weather or not kids sleds (2019 200cc Yamaha Snowscoot) need to be registered and/or insured in BC when visiting from out of province?

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stole this off the sled golden website from 2016(after the link you added) was but I can't find any other print saying this

Registration
All snowmobiles must be registered before it can be operated on crown land, except:

• one that is designed (as stated by the manufacturer) to be operated by a child 11 years old or younger.
  • one that is owned by a person who is a resident of a jurisdiction in which the machine cannot be registered or licensed (but proof of out-of-province residency and ownership must be carried).

Read through the link above and the only thing I can find that says anything at all about visiting from another province is an OHV has to be registered or licensed in another jurisdiction as stated in 14 - C - i and ii

Operation prohibited without registration or permit

14 Subject to the regulations, a person must not use or operate, or authorize or permit another person to use or operate, an off-road vehicle on Crown land or prescribed private land unless one of the following applies:
(a) the off-road vehicle is registered with the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia under this Act;
(b) the off-road vehicle is registered and licensed under the Motor Vehicle Act or the Commercial Transport Act;
(c) the off-road vehicle
(i) is registered or licensed in a jurisdiction other than British Columbia, and
(ii) has displayed on it, in the manner prescribed, the number plate, decal or sticker issued by that jurisdiction in respect of the registration or licensing of the off-road vehicle;
(d) the owner of the off-road vehicle has obtained a non-resident operating permit for that off-road vehicle under section 16 [non-resident operating permit] of this Act.

So by what that says, BC laws don't really apply and I guess I have to find out whats legal in AB, and that's good enough for BC? I fukkin hate legal wording!

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So by what that says, BC laws don't really apply and I guess I have to find out whats legal in AB, and that's good enough for BC? I fukkin hate legal wording!

Once you get past all the other mumbo jumbo. this is correct in BC for out of province ORV's.

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to the insurance company and the registry office, they need to be insured and registered if you plan to leave private property with them in Alberta.

Top Bottom