Recovered sleds from turbo slide

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the machines can be replaced..the peeps..unfortunatly no...play safe!

Guest101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amazing, simply amazing, the power of the avalanche........bent, twisted pieces of metal and plastic.......insurance companies will be busy for a while.

I heard that half of the sleds were hot!! No serial numbers!!

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know some are being parted out, but there has to be a lot of them being ridden in BC when you know they don't have to be registered. By the sounds of it, this will all change next year when mandatory registration is required like the rest of the country.

Snowmobile registration has been mandatory in B.C. since 1971!!!! :rant:

The new rules being phased in over the next 2 years will extend that to ATV's, which have never required registration up till now.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow.....pine cone did a number on that xp

This picture makes me laugh, but wow, totally amazing. Gives another dimension to all the written story's that have been posted about this. The force from an avy is unbelievable.

Attachments

• Stumps.jpg
    Stumps.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 807
Last edited:

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This picture makes me laugh, but wow, totally amazing. Gives another dimension to all the written story's that have been posted about this. The force from an avy is unbelievable.

Nothing but respect to all the injured and fallen sledders but....
Dibs on those fox shocks

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowzombie - good that you posted this. Take a good hard look people...........Then think about the people the media had footage of......... of the guy laying in a hospital bed..........of the 12 yr old with stitches down the whole side of his head.............the numourous others we did not see, that were injured..........the effects on all those that were there. When you look at these machines all twisted and torn,,,,, remember everyone of those sleds had a rider.

Allot of you are turning this into a discussion on politics.

I really think your missing the point.

This should provide some SHOCK VALUE of the repercussions of what can happen.
This is 2 seasons in a row that I have had friends lost and effected by Avalanches.

No more .............please

I have made a pledge to myself that when I see someone putting themselves or others at risk, I will try to stop them, and explain to them, that what they are doing is wrong. GOD knows, I've been punched before, so a couple more....oh well.
I only hope that if I get caught up in the moment, and it happens,,,,,, that somebody comes over and gets me back on track.

Allot of times people will applogize for the rant at this point.

I'M NOT

I'm laying down the gauntlet. When you see someone screwin up. Say Something!!!
It really does'nt matter if it's your 50th trip to the mountains or your 1st. If you feel it's wrong, it's probably wrong

Say Something!!!

Last edited:

tumblina

Reaction score
Wow. I feel sick and deeply sad just looking at those pictures. Thanks for posting them. It is a good reminder for all of us.

rgutmann

Reaction score
Snowzombie - good that you posted this. Take a good hard look people...........Then think about the people the media had footage of......... of the guy laying in a hospital bed..........of the 12 yr old with stitches down the whole side of his head.............the numourous others we did not see, that were injured..........the effects on all those that were there. When you look at these machines all twisted and torn,,,,, remember everyone of those sleds had a rider.

Allot of you are turning this into a discussion on politics.

I really think your missing the point.

This should provide some SHOCK VALUE of the repercussions of what can happen.
This is 2 seasons in a row that I have had friends lost and effected by Avalanches.

No more .............please

I have made a pledge to myself that when I see someone putting themselves or others at risk, I will try to stop them, and explain to them, that what they are doing is wrong. GOD knows, I've been punched before, so a couple more....oh well.
I only hope that if I get caught up in the moment, and it happens,,,,,, that somebody comes over and gets me back on track.

Allot of times people will applogize for the rant at this point.

I'M NOT

I'm laying down the gauntlet. When you see someone screwin up. Say Something!!!
It really does'nt matter if it's your 50th trip to the mountains or your 1st. If you feel it's wrong, it's probably wrong

Say Something!!!
good for you, I will be doing the same

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Woooow thats a lot of carnage.

What will happen to the sleds that aren't ridable?

Someone should organize an auction and see if any of the owners will donate parts, and use the proceeds to start something with avalanche awareness?

I mean those tracks are probably good, and some of the hoods, and shocks.. Etc..etc..

But who would want the stress of rebuilding or re-using instead of just getting rid of?

Rescue Pilot

Reaction score
That question will be answered in late June, could definitely find a few more under that depth of snow...

Top Bottom