Recovered sleds from turbo slide

JustPinItFoxxy

Reaction score
the red '01 polaris rmk was my old sled which was sold in November... RIP little red rocket. :(
luckily the new owner only had minor injuries...

STRAYPUSSY

Reaction score
Does anybody know if all the sleds have been dug out yet ?

well thats a big NO because we still havent found my friends turbo that was parked right at the base of turbo when the avy hit!! we found his seat and hood but no sled yet!! but when we do ill post pics

catsass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep us posted Straypussy that would be great. The pics are a wake up call to the carnage of what the snow can do.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how will anybody get the sled out in the summer ? or even up there to turbo to look, that would be one hell of a hike. I thought there was no access to the area in the summer other than the club going up there to maintian the cabin.
I heard through the grapevine that somebody has been poaching parts off the sleds, I have a buddy who went to get his xp and his high end fox suspension was missing..... in the impound lot.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how will anybody get the sled out in the summer ? or even up there to turbo to look, that would be one hell of a hike. I thought there was no access to the area in the summer other than the club going up there to maintian the cabin.
I heard through the grapevine that somebody has been poaching parts off the sleds, I have a buddy who went to get his xp and his high end fox suspension was missing..... in the impound lot.

:d

SMH-HEADER.jpg

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

:mad: f&#ing thieves!! I'm not surprised though with all those high $ aftermarket parts sitting around. Some human trash just can't pass up an opportunity.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
There were 47 sleds flown off the mtn. for 2 days. I heard in some cases they were found 3 deep with packs and helmets below them. The people were found shallow, it`s like they were picked up by the wave. We saw a lot of bent, broken machines and people ride down the hill that night. Lots of white faces and wide eyes, tears. I felt sick when we knew S&R had swept the mtn. and then we had to record plate #`s left in the lots knowing whose vehicles they were. The next day we were at the hangar when the sleds started comming down, we recognized so many of the sleds and the search was still going on.
The pics. that were taken when the sleds were full on snow were eye openers. :eek:
I`d expect there will be more items found under the snow, the ones that were collected can be claimed at the Revy RCMP office.

Sorry to hear about parts missing. :mad: Vultures everywhere these days.

There is an elevation closure to wheeled vehicles in the summer for the apline and the club does need permission to take quads up to the cabins for maintenance. I wouldn`t hike up there it`s Grizzly habitat.

The shock thing works for me and probably a lot of the others. Lots of people learned from this, the riders, the rescuers, emergencie services and betcha anyone taking an avalanche course in the future will learn from it to. It was Case Book.

Last edited:

Zacs

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.zacstracs.com
A twisted up sled at the avalanche booth during a snowmobile tradeshow might be an eye-opener. Maybe guys will slow down and come over for a visit?

It is absolutely amazing that so many people were pulled out of this alive. Wow. :eek: A picture is worth a thousand words....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is. when i was in mexico they had smashed cars taht they torched in the center meridian upside down with a sign that said dont drink and drive.

this is a good idea!

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A twisted up sled at the avalanche booth during a snowmobile tradeshow might be an eye-opener. Maybe guys will slow down and come over for a visit?

It is absolutely amazing that so many people were pulled out of this alive. Wow. :eek: A picture is worth a thousand words....

What a great idea.... make it happen.

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they need to blow up some of these pics to go along with the twisted up sleds!!!!

FANTASTIC IDEA!!!!!

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how did the mini van, F one fiddy and those semi trucks get up the hill??

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be a good thing if people learned, but as you can already tell to many didn't. I for one have given up on it, you cannot fix stupid. You cannot protect idiots from themselves forever. Anyone who didn't learn from this can't and isn't worth trying to help anymore.

assaultbear

Reaction score
It truly is amazing anyone got out of that one! Been to Frisby twice, Clemina once. Hope to get back a few times before regulations get to strict as I am sure they will. As someone else here stated "you can't fix stupid" Lots of great material for the avy courses. Should be "Avy Savy" cards mandatory to go into back country.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It truly is amazing anyone got out of that one! Been to Frisby twice, Clemina once. Hope to get back a few times before regulations get to strict as I am sure they will. As someone else here stated "you can't fix stupid" Lots of great material for the avy courses. Should be "Avy Savy" cards mandatory to go into back country.

Not to burst your bubble, but while avy courses will always help, it isn't gonna stop things like this from happening. How many of those at that hill do you think already had taken an avy course? I'm willing to bet, quite a few. Unfortunately, things get forgotten, excitement lets the mind wander, and lets be honest, at the last avy course I took, it sure wasn't black and white.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to burst your bubble, but while avy courses will always help, it isn't gonna stop things like this from happening. How many of those at that hill do you think already had taken an avy course? I'm willing to bet, quite a few. Unfortunately, things get forgotten, excitement lets the mind wander, and lets be honest, at the last avy course I took, it sure wasn't black and white.

No doubt the courses can't help people who don't open their ears listen, and learn. Avalanches will always happen, heck no matter how careful people there will always be the VERY VERY odd person dieing to them. But the problem is to many like turbo were 100% preventable, or atleast to the point only ONE person should of been caught.

My view on it is this. I don't care if someone wants to go climb the stupidest hill, yea I will warn them but I would never do anymore then that. Even if I see a group doing something stupid I will likely go over and explain to them ONCE why they shouldn't. If something happens and they didn't listen or just any group acting REALLY dumb, I would probably go help as long as there was 100% no risk of something happening to me. If only part of hill slide, I wouldn't go close, not a chance. If people want to pay risky let them, I will not let their bad decision put MY safety at risk. I would ONLY go help if I knew there was NO risk for me.

However if someone or a group was putting me or other groups at risk I would go and TELL them if they want to put themselves at risk that is fine but I won't put up with them putting me or others at risk and MAKE them play safer or leave. I am sick and tired of hearing of innocent people dieing due to stupidity of someone else.

Top Bottom