Rear skid relocate

Demon700

Reaction score
On the T-motion skid lots of people have moved the rear arm back around 3/4" some have dropped the rear of the skid with drop brackets as well. Has anyone ever tried moving the whole skid back 3/4" or 1" to get a better approach angle?

I have been looking at it to see what advantages/disadvantages this could have. Cat has moved their suspension back on the 2014s and I rode one and it made a huge difference I find.

Any thoughts?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes , you just drill out the two front mounting holes 3/4 further back.
Keep rear in stock position.
Stiffens up rear of sled and adjust as required on both front and rear adjustments.
No need for relocates.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One problem with moving the entire skid back is that the space between the front of the rail and the drive sprocket even gets bigger than the already large gap. This gap allows the track to billow in at higher speeds or when climbing in powder, this will result in trenching. I do have a product that Tom's Snowmobile manufacturers that could reduce the problem you may see by moving the skid back. The Powder Wedges are designed to improve stock set ups and to reduce trenching. I had one customer even tell me that their group gained 2 mph at top speed with them too as the track must be experiencing much more friction when not being fed straight on to the rails. I have included a photo so you can contemplate if it is what you need to relocate your skid.

Attachments

• Installed.jpg
    Installed.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 2013-09-23 15.34.36.jpg
    2013-09-23 15.34.36.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 113
Top Bottom