REALLY getting upset with shipping. i need some explanation

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have a bill that goes to collections, UPS FEDEX or any other could care less if you pay or not. They have their $. Your bill is sold to a collector they pay a % on the dollar. Cant it hurt you? You bet.. pull a credit report and see if it is there. I agree that brokerage fees are crazy. If you want to talk to a broker i would call Cole freight.

I have looked. I had one from ups and one from fedex go to collections about 2 years ago. Seen my report about 8 months ago, nothing on it from them. Both items were left at my door, no signature. They have no proof I got them, they are dang lucky they weren't stolen. It would take all of 2 seconds to get it removed from your credit report if they did indeed get something on there. You can't go and put something on without any evidence or proof.

I have given in and payed 1000's of dollars in their stupid fees so many times, I owe them nothing.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
UPS and even FedEx can both have ridiculous brokerage fee's. They like to make it seem as though they are doing you a favour.

A few years ago I had a package show up, worth about $120 from an ebay purchase which had a $65 or so brokerage/taxes fee with it.

When the driver handed me the slip with the fee on it I just about yelled at the guy. He offered to take it back to the depot and gave me a 1-800 # to call and see if they would do anything about it. So I promptly said okay.

When I called, the guy on the other end was already on the defensive. He must get these calls all day. I had him explain the brokerage system. It was total BS, and they are able to charge up to %55 of the declared value. Basically they are holding your products at ransom. Keep in mind this was about 3-4 years ago.

He said in the past there had been times where the customer had picked up the paperwork and had it cleared through a second party Broker, but even then you might be making a few trips back and forth if you don't fill it out correctly. I ended up paying, it was a gift for someone, and in the end I still saved money (but that wasn't the point)

- I recently found this article though that shedded some light onto the "Self Clearing" process. (read the comments and recent transactions people had in Calgary)

UPS Brokerage Fees – Total Scam, Fraud, Cheating. How to avoid it. | Trueler

Could the answer lie in there somewhere? It does, basically the UPS employees aren't trained properly and I deal with Canada Border Services all the time and they are for the most part just as uneducated when it comes to these types issues.

I feel everyones pain, to this day I cringe when I have anything shipped UPS to me because the seller or dealer will not use USPS. They have to fill out the NAFTA paperwork correctly to ensure you are not paying duty.

Many items are assembled in the US, not "MADE". Those items are not duty free.

Search UPS brokerage fees on google and you will have a lifetime of reading to entertain you.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I ordered parts from Fast in us two times. Both times the parts were wrong, the third time the parts were right. I'm now getting letters with brokerake fees. I still have to send all the wrong parts back but the parts were $54.00 in total and I have a total of $108.00 in fees to pay. Firstly I'm not impressed with fast with there parts repacement website then the bs with ups just tops it. Now I have to send the other parts back. I wonder what happens now?

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm with you on the frustration, Maxwell. Frickin' UPS can go blow goats. Every time I have recieved something shipped UPS, they have dinged me brokerage charges that usually run around 40 to 50% of the value of the product being shipped. I now will only order stuff that can be sent USPS. I did get my rails sent Fedex....no issues and only a small additional charge at this end.

DIDO...the real dirty ones are the ones that tell you ..Yup we'll ship it USPS and the blasted thing shows up on your door UPS. I've told them to pound sand but in the end you just pay it and stuu evry time you look at that part!!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres one to throw into the UPS mix. A friend is building a house, bought 2000sq ft of hardwood in Calgary, a trucking outfit in RD picked it up and deliveried it to his new garage back in RD..hand bombed it off for $350???????

Fricken UPS deliverd my wifes 3 boxes of arbon crap and the bast@rd had me come out to help him carry them in because he said it was too many boxes??

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just ordered truck wheels from the states as well. Shipped in 2 weeks (which is what they told me it would take) and cost me $200 flat fee. Didn't see any brokerage fee, duty, or any other boarder junk. That was UPS ground.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just ordered truck wheels from the states as well. Shipped in 2 weeks (which is what they told me it would take) and cost me $200 flat fee. Didn't see any brokerage fee, duty, or any other boarder junk. That was UPS ground.

Just wait for it......it will come! UPS has sent me a bill 3 weeks later!

Who did you order truck rims from? I need some for winter rims.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just ordered some vents from holz racing. i got them and had to pay a $35.00 brokerage fee. All it was was a friggen envelope. what a joke. One time I had bought something off ebay and got it shipped with usps. once it hit the border some how it ended up in fedex's hand and when i got it they wanted another $40.00. I didn't pay it and have yet to and nothing came of it. that was like 3 years ago. it wierd though sometimes when I pick something up at canada post that i had shipped usps there is a charge. sometimes theres not. Doesn't matter the size of the object or where it came from.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just ordered some vents from holz racing. i got them and had to pay a $35.00 brokerage fee. All it was was a friggen envelope. what a joke. One time I had bought something off ebay and got it shipped with usps. once it hit the border some how it ended up in fedex's hand and when i got it they wanted another $40.00. I didn't pay it and have yet to and nothing came of it. that was like 3 years ago. it wierd though sometimes when I pick something up at canada post that i had shipped usps there is a charge. sometimes theres not. Doesn't matter the size of the object or where it came from.

It's on the value. Sometimes if it's under $100 there will be no fee with USPS, always with UPS or fedex because they want to kill you in fees.

But USPS has no surprises they charge a flat fee of $5 for brokerage fee. Very fair and reasonable IMO!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any of S&M'ers on the dark side go through this shipping crap, from CAD to the USA??

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have looked. I had one from ups and one from fedex go to collections about 2 years ago. Seen my report about 8 months ago, nothing on it from them. Both items were left at my door, no signature. They have no proof I got them, they are dang lucky they weren't stolen. It would take all of 2 seconds to get it removed from your credit report if they did indeed get something on there. You can't go and put something on without any evidence or proof.

I have given in and payed 1000's of dollars in their stupid fees so many times, I owe them nothing.

Never seen any UPS or FedEx stuff on my report either.

Top Bottom