Raptor 350

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have to agree with this, my 400ex with a 440 bore kit, stage 2 cam, exhaust, air filter and jet kit has beat a raptor 660 with a pipe and air filter and a yfz450 with a pipe, air filter and jet kit. and I have at least 150lbs on both of those guys. and even with those mods my quad is still more reliable than both those yammis

Well then that 450 was not running right. The 400ex, warrier are old design engines and are oil cooled not water so they run hot and rob power hense why you dont see them anymore on the track.

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well then that 450 was not running right. The 400ex, warrier are old design engines and are oil cooled not water so they run hot and rob power hense why you dont see them anymore on the track.

the 450 has a brand new engine with 3 or 4 hours on it which was done at the local yamaha dealer. so i doubt there is something wrong. its not uncommon for a 440ex to beat 450s. the easy way to run the ex's cooler is to upgrade the oil cooler to a cbr 600 oil cooler or four stroke tech makes one for it, run synthetic oil, and possibly run fans. these things will make a substantial difference. I also raced my Banshee and beat it

ghglenn

Reaction score
I'm gonna say it was rider error. Perhaps his skirt was caught in his chain resulting in poor drag racing performance?

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna say it was rider error. Perhaps his skirt was caught in his chain resulting in poor drag racing performance?

Ok everybody can believe what they want. but I have ridden that quad and it doesnt have near the power mine does. my brother said the same thing. If I wouldve had my edelbrock carb on and not the stocker, I wouldve killed him.

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well my bud has a yfz450 with high comp piston, stg 2 hotcams, and duncan exhaust. I have personally seen him spank 440ex along with me on my 310r.
We ate them. Hense why im building my banshee to be even faster. The 440's were good in there day but are now out dated. If you want a quad that will grow with you as you ride go with any of the 450's out there.

gotta ask tho how long of a drag was this if it was 1-2 miles lol all you would have to do is gear it proper and you would beat him.

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well my bud has a yfz450 with high comp piston, stg 2 hotcams, and duncan exhaust. I have personally seen him spank 440ex along with me on my 310r.
We ate them. Hense why im building my banshee to be even faster. The 440's were good in there day but are now out dated. If you want a quad that will grow with you as you ride go with any of the 450's out there.

gotta ask tho how long of a drag was this if it was 1-2 miles lol all you would have to do is gear it proper and you would beat him.

this why eff zee doesnt have a high comp piston or stg 2 cam. as I said before it has pipe, air filter and jets. I havent touched the gearing in my quad and easily pulled 2 or 3 lengths in 1st and 2nd gear. this drag was like a mile long. Ill stick with my ex and some day bore it out to a 500. and might buy a 250r in the future.

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with ZEDNECK as i to have rode this 450 and i was expecting ALOT more from a 450. it was fairly gutless compared to the 440 which was suprising.

Top Bottom