Ranger 700efi

chevyxp

Reaction score
I just bought my ranger and had a half windshield installed. On a dusty road or trail the dust sucks in from behind and chokes the driver, had to remove the windshield. Has anyone got a solution? I am going to try and lift the windshield off the hood a few inches and see if it is any better. Did not want to have to close in the back.......

KTEAM MAN

Reaction score
hey guy ,
had the same problem with a full windshield, when I went back to the dealership the told me I needed a rear panel that way the low pressure area would be created in the back box instead of the cockpit...not sure if that would apply to a half windshield or not? It did pretty much stop the problem for me.
cheers:beer:

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought my ranger and had a half windshield installed. On a dusty road or trail the dust sucks in from behind and chokes the driver, had to remove the windshield. Has anyone got a solution? I am going to try and lift the windshield off the hood a few inches and see if it is any better. Did not want to have to close in the back.......

No real solution as I have the exact same problem with my rhino and half shield.I just removed it for the summer and will put it back on when its rainy or when I hunt in the fall

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My rhino does the same thing,.. I believe its because there is no back window and the air comes up from the front wheels and vortexes in through the sides. I found if I drive high speed dirt roads with the window down its fine.

Top Bottom