Radium conditions?

wolfer

Reaction score
We are spending a week at Christmas time in Radium and was wondering how the conditions are?

Cheers;)

merv jennett

Reaction score
lots of snow at forester creek on dec.5 09 also 2to3ft. on the roed in at silent pass we staged at the 20km mark trail was very rough to the water fall.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20+cms in the village at pano, temps warming up.
should be a good weekend

KME

Reaction score
where do you leave from in Radium, would love to ride there, always been to Golden...Easy to follow trails for first timer???

Cheers -

merv jennett

Reaction score
we go straight through at 4way stop in radiumwhen coming from calgary whitch i think is west, from there goabout 1/4 mile west towards the saw mill just befor the saw mill turn left from that point its about 18 klm to the parking lot the road to parking lot is called forester creek rd. also on that road there is an intersection go straight through there then you will come to a Y in the road so keep right at that point parking about 3 or 4 klm from there hope this is not to confusing have a good trip.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is 2 options for staging.

head west at the four way stop, travel to the 9.25 intersection. You can continue west on horsethief fsr and turn right on forster fsr( not the best option for 4 place trailers or 2 wheel drives).

For the big trailers turn right onto westside rd at the 9.25 intersection and travel north to Dog leg lake staging area( not alot of snow there yet).

There is area closures on the Catamount glacier side of the valley(west)
Also no gas cans allowed past the foot bridge( the area is the watershed for the town of Radium
thanksgiving028.jpg
[/IMG]
thanksgiving029.jpg
[/IMG]
thanksgiving027.jpg
[/IMG]

wolfer

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's, sounds like Silent Pass and Forester are a go. Does anyone have any info on some of the other areas I have read about? Such as Brewer, Paradise mines, McDonald and Canal Flats area.

Cheers

KME

Reaction score
Cheers All - appreciate the info.

Any word on the snow conditions in there now?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's, sounds like Silent Pass and Forester are a go. Does anyone have any info on some of the other areas I have read about? Such as Brewer, Paradise mines, McDonald and Canal Flats area.

Cheers

Paradise is in great shape. Small area but fun.

Brewer, macdonald and the flats have alot of avy danger. If you have lot's of experience in what to look out for you are ok, if not.....

lot's of new snow this week. The old snow was not bonding very well and with the recent cold weather it may be sketchy.

Temps up to -1 today:d

Mackie 12

Reaction score
The wife and i will be spending new years in radium (Rented a condo) would like to bring sleds and take a ride in Paradise mines or Forrester but have never been. Anyone going between 30 - 3 we would like to tag along?

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wife and i will be spending new years in radium (Rented a condo) would like to bring sleds and take a ride in Paradise mines or Forrester but have never been. Anyone going between 30 - 3 we would like to tag along?

possibly... drop me a line a day or two before and i'll know more.

SNAFU

Reaction score
I'm thinking of heading out to Forster on Sunday. Anyone been out or have updated snow conditions.

Thanks,

wolfer

Reaction score
I'm thinking of heading out to Forster on Sunday. Anyone been out or have updated snow conditions.

Thanks,
Was up there on the 22nd, trail in was pretty rough, but was snowing on our way out.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heard from a buddy who was in there yesterday that it's like a parking lot, all the snow from a week ago has been blown away.

Almost no snow on Thunderwater.

trailblazer

Reaction score
can you still sled jumbo?must be pretty good.what about bobbie burns?sorry,it can be difficult to keep up with any new closures,glad to see your out there and don't mind giving info!:d

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can you still sled jumbo?must be pretty good.what about bobbie burns?sorry,it can be difficult to keep up with any new closures,glad to see your out there and don't mind giving info!:d

you can sled in the jumbo valley up to where the road ends. Anywhere higher is closed for heli skiing/ ski touring. I go in there quite a bit ski touring.

Not to familiar with Bobbie burns area, CMH heli ski is in there. You can still access Silver mines area when conditions allow.

trailblazer

Reaction score
where is some of the best snowmobile accessed skiing,you know like cat skiing,or is most required to "tour"?Looking for long glades with deep snow and easy to get to!not asking for much i know,any ideas?not only in the colombia valley,but revy,golden,nelson?:d Any info would be awesome

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Paradise Mines near Panorama is really nice for sled access skiing.
paradise09008.jpg
[/IMG]

The Heli run is wide open glacier style skiing with 1000' of elevation drop.
Tree runs with to 2000' of drop

After April 15th you can ride a sled anywhere in Jumbo creek area.
judo017.jpg
[/IMG]

Forester has a lot of good skiing also. Too bad the Catamount glacier is closed to sleds, you could get in 20 beauty runs a day.

I would say any where you can ride a sled is good to ski, you just need to look for "ski lines" not sled lines:d

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out in Forester yesterday and the trail is the worst I have ridden. :eek:

Need snow bad up high, need the groomer down low! I think(hope) I saw the groomer operator heading up when we were pulling out.

Also not sure why the first 10 trucks into the parking lot all parked at the front and blocked all access to the back of the lot off???? Did not even leave a spot to back in and turn around!

Top Bottom