Rad Relocate Kits

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Starting to look for a Rad Relocate Kit for my 650 Cat. Wondering who is using what for kits, and who has fabricated their own?

Sick of this machine constantly overheating, going to try bringing the rad up to a more accessible spot to clean, and be WAY more picky about cleaing the bugger out!

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rubberdown is good,nice and solid. If you have a buddy with a welder,it is not a big job...............

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a welder and know my way around quads and sleds. I would be willing to build you one for cheap! The quality will be just as high or higher then a boughten one but cheaper. And if you wanted personal touches that can be taken care of! Let me know.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or mount a 2nd rad for extra cooling

Conect them in series

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me nope.

Fan don't run hardly. Winch works better cause of it too

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Not a real fan of the rad mounted on the rack putting your most vulnerable part in the most vulnerable place. I'd opt for a better rad hear no one has problems with the highlifter rads

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a real fan of the rad mounted on the rack putting your most vulnerable part in the most vulnerable place. I'd opt for a better rad hear no one has problems with the highlifter rads
with a wire grille behind the actual mount of the rad, their shouldnt be an issue, my can am has a grille in there, and ive been into heavy cover with lots of low branches ect, and nothing has even come close to scratching the paint on it yet

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
with a wire grille behind the actual mount of the rad, their shouldnt be an issue, my can am has a grille in there, and ive been into heavy cover with lots of low branches ect, and nothing has even come close to scratching the paint on it yet

Wait till you roll it over.....just sayin

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wait till you roll it over.....just sayin
heh heh good point i suppose, hadnt thought of it that way, although the metal mount that sits in front and supports the rad on mine is about 1/4 inch thick steel, pros and cons to everything i guess, having it out in front has the chance of a log or branch going right through the front end ......only say that because wife was riding hers 2 years ago and somehow she managed to catch a branch about 4inches in diameter and it went right through the side of the quad, broke a bunch of the plastics, and came right out the other side just missing her leg.......now that was a pita to get out.

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

the better rads do help however they to still get plugged have put the xmr rad kit on my 800 xt and am sure glad i did on our rhino we added a second rad laying horizontally under hood where it doesnt getplugged with mud

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe Tyler, talk to Kevin at Rapid Revolution he give pretty good deal i found.

Andrew650

Reaction score
Go with rubberdown customs, people have rolled their quad with them on and no damage, very strong and well made. Put one on my old 650 and my brothers 650 with a custom design on the front. Will be going with rdc again for the new 750

Last edited:

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are rolling your quad you are doing it wrong

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

Top Bottom