R c trucks

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi anyone got radio controlled gas trucks.Thinking of getting one but there is so many about.Dont want a cheap one or the most expensive.Also like to be able to upgrade parts over time.Just something me and the boy can muck about with thanks john

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an hpi Baja 5B 2.0! Tons of fun! A few of my friends have the same model and we tend to find that a lot of the plastic parts don't hold up but there are a lot of upgradeable parts for them!! :)

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you for a quick reply i will look into that. What sort of price am i looking at to get one that doesnt fall apart.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
losi,HPI,(kijiji as lots of good deals time for time) has good truck and ran for many yrs.and yeah break lots of plactic..need to have lots of extra a-arms....or can go aluminum...PM hobbies has great selection,but customer service sucks......there'a a shop on 52stne north of peigan they where super good to work with and would take parts of own rc to help people out..and have 1/5 scale.they are eaeier to tune and play with,compared to 1/8 scale lots of needle tunning...but they are a blast...have fun

I got into it for 500 buck and had great ride...1/5 scale are 1000+ easy.but there just gas and go...

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinkin' that I paid around $2G for mine...that was almost two years ago now. If you drive them like a normal human being (which we have a really hard time doing!:d) they should stay fairly intact. We tend to launch them off of a lot of things therefore busting many parts. :rolleyes: We have had enough wrecks that we now all carry spare parts so that we can fix them right away. There are some plastic parts that can be replaced with metal ones and most are rather inexpensive!
Great Hobbies in Edmonton usually has a pretty good selection of buggies and parts!

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i bought a traxxas t-maxx 2.5 off ebay for 150 plus shipping, came with radio batteries quick charger and tons of spare parts, you can get into the hobby for realy cheap if you buy used, but be prepared to to replace worn out parts when you buy used

Shadlar

Reaction score
As the owner of a Traxxas Revo ( nitro truck ) here is my opinion. If you really like to tinker alot get nitro. If you just want to have fun spend more up front and get an HPI Baja that runs on premixed gasoline just like your chainsaw. Nitro can be VERY frustrating.

scorpio

Reaction score
I suggest starting with a RTR (Ready-to-Run) Electric. Traxxas seems to be the brand to get. If you go this route you don't need to worry about playing with fuel, and the constant tuning plus you can drive them indoors.

I recommend the 4WD Slash as this type of car is getting very popular or the Summit which is great for 4-wheeling. Both are waterproof.

Have fun.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi anyone got radio controlled gas trucks.Thinking of getting one but there is so many about.Dont want a cheap one or the most expensive.Also like to be able to upgrade parts over time.Just something me and the boy can muck about with thanks john
I got a couple of revos.... 3.5 and a 3.7.... lots of upgrades avaiable...... hobby wholesale........ there great no real problems if you keep it clean etc...

Top Bottom