Quick clicker adjustments on a 2014 Summit x 800 e-tec

SnowDog

Reaction score
In my shop today getting antsy to get out on the sled so I decided to adjust the quick clickers, you know just play around a bit with the new toy, anyways I could only adjust the clickers to 1 , 2 or 3, I could not get any of them to turn to 4 , 5 or 6, when I tried to go to 4, 5 or 6 the clicker was at an angel and would not go, tried all three of them, they all the same and yes I backed the nut off far enough so it should go.

Sled is brand new with 1.1 km, so the question is, is there something screwed as I have done this many times on my other sleds with no problems or is this part of the break in....sounds silly I know, but maybe something wears out after so many kms that you can't adjust to clicker 4, 5 or 6, until break in etc. is done, I know sounds stupid, so any info appreciated, anyone else have this issue?

lugnut20

Reaction score
No thats not normal, I adjusted mine with 5 kms on it a week ago and once again today. The weight adjustments seem to be just like every other doo i've owned, nothing fancy about them. I'd look a little deeper into the issue.

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seriously. Try a wrench. Wont wreck anything. The clicker is just a cam that's pushing on the ramp (to change the angle), which pivots on a pin. Pin is likely just stiff. If in doubt, pull the clutch and look inside. Easy.

Last edited:

SnowDog

Reaction score
Seriously. Try a wrench. Wont wreck anything. The clicker is just a cam that's pushing on the ramp (to change the angle), which pivots on a pin. Pin is likely just stiff. If in doubt, pull the clutch and look inside. Easy.

Okay I will give that a try, thanks.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Exactly. It is so simple in there nothing can really go wrong. If you want even spin it around a few times once it frees up. Then run the sled for a minute up to high rpm to push the Ramps into place. Then repeat that process so everything is good to go when you need to adjust it in the mountains. Try finding a box end wrench that will fit so you don't strip the head of the clicker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Whitecourt_Rider

Reaction score
My old Clickers (on my 09 XP) had a 3 point butterfly type grip on them. I just bought a 14 and got clickers from the dealer and they are just a bolt end type handle on them? Not sure the brand but any recommendations on what to go with? I haven't installed them yet, i wanted to read up on them first.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My old Clickers (on my 09 XP) had a 3 point butterfly type grip on them. I just bought a 14 and got clickers from the dealer and they are just a bolt end type handle on them? Not sure the brand but any recommendations on what to go with? I haven't installed them yet, i wanted to read up on them first.

those are motts aftermarket. i would suggest getting those again they are the best i have found.

Top Bottom