Question for rknight111

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rknight111

"We got to the skyline and headed the back ways to the Gord and Sydney cabin"

Once you come up on to skyline which way do you go to hit the trail into Gord and Sydney?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
originally posted by rknight111

"we got to the skyline and headed the back ways to the gord and sydney cabin"

once you come up on to skyline which way do you go to hit the trail into gord and sydney?

is it not called the gordon sydney cabin, or red white and blue cabin?

beatty

Reaction score
once you unload at the fire hall you want to head up to the sky line trail and turn left once you hit the sky line, go down 1 k or so i do believe take a right should be tracks on it by now, and if you it up you'll come to a cut block with a trail going to the right over a hill or straight through and around should bring you to the east end of the cut block were you will go through the trees. it is flagged if theres no tracks to follow but you will just be basically following a drainage off of Kanaka lake, head up should bring you the the west side of Kanaka lake, once you have made it that far head to the east end of the lake and can go up through the trees or on the right there is a shorter trail some call the waterfall, you can shoot up and will bring you to the meadow just below the gordon sydney cabin, if you know hunters you should be fine from there. and if for some reason you miss the turn up the logging road you can actually ride the skyline all the way to owlshead trail at 16k were you turn off in to the trees basically. i left my gps in sicamous, but i could get the track log off it next time i"m there if you are interested.

Cheers
Grant

beatty

Reaction score
and you dont have to cross windy ridge coming from owlshead were you climb up on the right of that back hill in hunters most tend to head to the left and its a much easier ride and kinda just ride the gully up to the ridge but its nice and easy

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
once you unload at the fire hall you want to head up to the sky line trail and turn left once you hit the sky line, go down 1 k or so i do believe take a right should be tracks on it by now, and if you it up you'll come to a cut block with a trail going to the right over a hill or straight through and around should bring you to the east end of the cut block were you will go through the trees. it is flagged if theres no tracks to follow but you will just be basically following a drainage off of Kanaka lake, head up should bring you the the west side of Kanaka lake, once you have made it that far head to the east end of the lake and can go up through the trees or on the right there is a shorter trail some call the waterfall, you can shoot up and will bring you to the meadow just below the gordon sydney cabin, if you know hunters you should be fine from there. and if for some reason you miss the turn up the logging road you can actually ride the skyline all the way to owlshead trail at 16k were you turn off in to the trees basically. i left my gps in sicamous, but i could get the track log off it next time i"m there if you are interested.

Cheers
Grant
Thanks, I believe I was on that trail the other day. About 1km down skyline and it switchbacks up. Didn't follow it to the top as we were heading back the way we had come from Owlhead but from looking on the map i think we were where you describe.

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once you hit the Skyline road go South until you come out at Bacchus Racing, load up and head for beers:kickass: There is no way to get up into the alpine from the Westside. That is a nasty rumor!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
If you haven't done the run with someone who knows where to go I'd suggest continuing on the route your using. There area number of cutblocks that would appear to get you there but don't.
The route we use was originally cut by the St. Onge brother many years ago and is mostly used by experienced locals. We've even got mixed up on the run to the cabin.

I Dare Ya Rene!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eaglevalleymarine.com
Lake is called Kanaka. There are 2 trails up if you go left and 1 if you go to the right. I used to ride up the right one when I was 13 on a 1974 John Deere JDX6, my buddy Brad Stordahl had a 72 Olympic. It was a good day when we actually made it to the old Chalet!
That was 30 years ago, holy cow!

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a place across the creek from the fire hall and know the chief so don't park in the fire all lot you will get towed but you can take your chance parking on the road. Just had to warn you. We ride skyline road both ways either to owls head or hunters not groomed but it's a fun ride up.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
we have a place across the creek from the fire hall and know the chief so don't park in the fire all lot you will get towed but you can take your chance parking on the road. Just had to warn you. We ride skyline road both ways either to owls head or hunters not groomed but it's a fun ride up.

part of skyline south was washed away with a mud slide a few years ago.... Can't get all the way around anymore, unless someone breaks a side hill trail for about 50yards..... we did it one year ........ otherwise you have to take an off shoot logging trail and work your way around the washout area..... unless the road was repaired since then???

Last edited:

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes you are right we turn off skyline to get up to hunters range i forgot to say that skyline does not get you right to hunters range sorry lol

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
yes you are right we turn off skyline to get up to hunters range i forgot to say that skyline does not get you right to hunters range sorry lol

do you guys take the trail that ducks under the huge fallen tree..... Have to get off the sled to run it under the tree;)

few years ago we shovelled a path around and made a sidehill, but it never lasted:(

Top Bottom