Question about rebuilding 2008 800r ptek ski doo motor

sledder325

Reaction score
I am currently replacing the monoblock cylinder i am replacing the 08 monoblock cylinder with a 2010 reman monoblock cylinder the 08 is fubarred. I c the y pipe bolts are bigger that is no problem. But i also noticed where u bolt the raves 2 the cylinder there is a small hole through the cylinder well not all the way through, while on the 08 there is just an indentation plus in a slightly different location. Anybody know what that hole is for here is a couple pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 120

sledder325

Reaction score
I am currently replacing the monoblock cylinder i am replacing the 08 monoblock cylinder with a 2010 reman monoblock cylinder the 08 is fubarred. I c the y pipe bolts are bigger that is no problem. But i also noticed where u bolt the raves 2 the cylinder there is a small hole through the cylinder well not all the way through, while on the 08 there is just an indentation plus in a slightly different location. Anybody know what that hole is for here is a couple pics
Oh realized hole does go all the way through here is a pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 91

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Updated for better lube. Don't use original rave gaskets as it will block off hole.

Top Bottom