Question about y pipe

sledder325

Reaction score
I am rebuilding a 2007xrs, i have a 2010 monoblock cylinder on an 0& bottom end that is all good, the problem is the 2010 monoblck cylinder the holes where u bolt the y pipe are bigger so i was thinking i will just drill out my ypipe to accommodate the bigger allen bolts well not that easy as the heads of the allen bolts well probably sit on the y pipe weld so they might not sit flat and the bottom inside slot well not be fun to drill out, so i have a y pipe from a xm but its 3/4 inch shorter but it will bolt on no problem plus lines up to the exhaust ports do you guys think there will be a problem with exhaust flow and make my sled run not so good, or do u think it will be ok?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will change the performance slightly having a shorter y-pipe but I am not exhaust expert so if its a negative or positive change remains to be seen. I wouldn't believe it will run bad. For what its worth I drilled out my y-pipe from my 09 for a 2010 block with no issues.

Where in the Kootenays are you? I may have a y-pipe off a 2012 sitting in a box that I could get to you in my travels.

sledder325

Reaction score
It will change the performance slightly having a shorter y-pipe but I am not exhaust expert so if its a negative or positive change remains to be seen. I wouldn't believe it will run bad. For what its worth I drilled out my y-pipe from my 09 for a 2010 block with no issues.

Where in the Kootenays are you? I may have a y-pipe off a 2012 sitting in a box that I could get to you in my travels.
I ended up drilling out the y pipe easier then i thought, i think i might have to grind the welds down a bit so the head of the allen bolts sit flat to it its a slp ypipe so kinda want to use that thanks for the offer of the y pipe off of the 12 though

Top Bottom