Quading west of Sundre

BigJim34

Reaction score
Hi
Planning a 5 day trip in August and was thinking of heading west of Sundre. Any sugestions on where to go I have never been in the area before and would like to find some fishing and good quading spots? We were hoping to random camp near a creek/river. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

new_nytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want to be close to the river and fish I would say west of Caroline would be better. You can random camp at Camp Worthington or Rig Street (north end) and still be really close to a number of lakes and the Clearwater for fishing up there. West of Sundre has better quadding in my opinion, but fishing may not be so good. I heard that they did a bunch of logging on Rig Street (south end) and Power Line Road west of Sundre so alot of the random camping areas are a mess. I am going this weekend so I will let you know.

If you want to fish and quad I would say Camp Worthington is the best spot provided you get a spot. You can fish from your lawn chair while sitting around the fire if you get the right site.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind I you want to go to rigstreet that the road is tore apart from flooding, you have to come
In from the south.

BigJim34

Reaction score
We would be more interested in good quading so westof Sundre may be the better choice. if you have any genral locations, land locations or GPS waypoints that would be great.
Thanks

gladerunner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are some random camping spots right on the red deer river just west of mountain aire lodge about 3km...good camping ,great trails right there and you can fish the river...so many trails when i was there for 6 days i couldnt ride them all

new_nytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We would be more interested in good quading so westof Sundre may be the better choice. if you have any genral locations, land locations or GPS waypoints that would be great.
Thanks

Real easy directions and it only takes about 30-40 minutes from Sundre to get there. From Sundre keep drivng on 584 west past Bearberry Saloon. Keep driving west on the 584 and you will eventually hit the river and the road will turn to gravel. About 3-4 km on the gravel there will be a road going north which is Rig Street. There used to be a sign there but it wasn't there this weekend. When you turn you will see a fairly large hill that you have to go up. Keep driving until you find a decent open spot to camp. Most of the open areas will have fire pits there already. We went up on Thursday and found a nice spot a km 6 or so. There are lots of random spots on Rig Street or you can take one of the side roads too. Power Line road, which meets up with Rig Street as about km 5 had most of the decent spots logged out so that sucks. Trails were a little dusty but otherwise decent shape.

GDS

Reaction score
Is there a range road # for Rig Street or GPS locates am interested in maybe camping up there We would be coming in from Caroline Thanks

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there a range road # for Rig Street or GPS locates am interested in maybe camping up there We would be coming in from Caroline Thanks

from what i recall its the only road north off the gravel road ( between the bridge and trunk road ) ... there is a few that turn left { south } the one we like is the first left ... goes down a big hill to a lease pad .... spent and week or two there before ...

there used to be a real nice spot on the pavement side of the bridge but someone put up berms ect to block....

campingnut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can still get in the one on the north side just before the bridge and yes rig street is the first right hand turn after the bridge there is another before the trunk road that takes you up a hill to a nice camping spot with lots of firewood.

BigJim34

Reaction score
We're the trails that you rode in the ghost fluz or did you ride to the north out of the fluz? I think we are going to head in the mountain aire lodge area, just thought I would check on the general location of the good trails.
thanks

jayinwww

Reaction score
Are the trails west of sundre mostly mud trails? You think a racing quad could get through them?

campingnut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have ridden with 2 wheel drives out there, you just have to pick your trails, but this weekend might be a little different.

Top Bottom