Quad Riders Only

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a quad guy only as well , I just got mine this summer so I've never riden in snow . I was out at Bruderhiem a couple weeks back and had a blast , can a guy ride there in winter ?

Oh ya, Thats where I first started ridding last winter [56hrs so far]. there are some fun areas. North on 97st. before morinville good spot once the river freezes. Have to watch out there, its like a race track with big ruts, AND... not everyone goes the same dirrection.[ I know}.

SwampRat

Reaction score
ya thats where Dragonlady got her 1st good spanking!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Anthony

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If were talking about the same river. North 97st. past hwy37, down hill to the right. Thats the Sturgeon River:D. I believe

The Sturgeon Slew to be specific. You can hardly call that a River! :ignore:

But anyways, I have a quad which I will be riding this winter.
I also have two sleds, but they arn't as much fun as a quad in my opinion.
The riding Ratio during the winter is 3:1 in favor of the quads. (For every three quad rides, i only go on one snowmobile ride) .

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a quad guy only as well , I just got mine this summer so I've never riden in snow . I was out at Bruderhiem a couple weeks back and had a blast , can a guy ride there in winter ?
yep, I go there lots in the winter. Once the ice freezes you are able to get to the other side. FUN!!! See you out there this winter

biggie25

Reaction score
went to rocky to ride this weekend had a blast weather was perfect a bombing +5 nice riding weather thats for sure looking to go again for sure

bt650i

Reaction score
I too only ride quad, can't wait, i am just bulding up an '05 brute 750 that i bought in boxes.... thinking'bout snow tracks....we'll see what happens...

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi, all quad riders. I'm just :rolleyes: how many Snow and Mud.com members only have a quad?

All the sledders are getting excited about SNOW, I feel we are being left out.

Something to chat about:D:eek::cool:

I have the best of both worlds, a quad on tracks.:D I'm surprised at the lack of tracked quads on this websit.:

PowderMafia

Reaction score
Website
www.lubedealer.com
I Ride both , Just don't get enough snow around Calgary anymore and I can Ride the Quad pretty much all year round.The Sled is actually up for sale,I may kick myself once it is sold ,but if I am going to start riding again I told myself that I need to buy a new Sled(Skidoo)
Anyways Both are a BLAST one just makes more sense right now.
Sled fiends please don't get Offended,I do agree that we need to have different trails the the sleds because quads do tear the S@#t out of the trails.I used to get so mad at the Quads.
Anyways lets all play in the Snow and lets not PEE in each others snow Banks

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride a quad only for now but would like to get into sledding when the money allows. Just went on a nice ride at Ranger creek in -25 weather and enjoyed every freezing moment.

nightmagic

Reaction score
Hey just wondering who out that have done anyone had done a compairson between the diffent plans for the track systems, light foot, camoplast,apachie track ect

Kevin

Reaction score
Hey dragonlady,

I'm a quad and a bike guy both street and dirt. I grew up riding dirt bikes and sleds, I just got into quading 2 years ago and I'm having a blast with it so far. There's nothing that can stop me from riding unless work of course. My quad works on the farm and plays in the off time just as hard. I used to sled on the Sturgeon River all the time back in the day, all the way from the mouth of the North Saskatchewan River up to St.Albert. Used climb up the bank to visit the Gibbons hotel and have a few while we warmed up. Back then they didn't mind so much with the sleds in town. The biggest thing now is finding people to quad with that are crazy as I am. With that being said let me know when you're all going riding, I'd be more than glad to goin up for a ride sometime.

Kevin

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, i've always admired the tracked quads, where abouts did u get yours? :)

Got my E-Tatou tracks in Spokane. Checked all over Can & US and he had best prices by close to $1,000.00. World Wide Web ATVTRACKS.NET and talk to Gary. Cost to me landed in Can. $3700.00 Can but I picked them up in Spokane. Sells 7 diff makes.

Kevin

Reaction score
Got my E-Tatou tracks in Spokane. Checked all over Can & US and he had best prices by close to $1,000.00. World Wide Web ATVTRACKS.NET and talk to Gary. Cost to me landed in Can. $3700.00 Can but I picked them up in Spokane. Sells 7 diff makes.

Have you ever thrown a track? What's your top end with and without tracks?

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only way you will throw a track is by not having the right tension. Real easy to do tensioning.

Top speed on the Hawkeye 300 CC was 52 mph , 81 kmph on pavement with tires after 1/4 mi run.

With tracks, a blistering 29 mph, 50 kmph in 1 1/2 feet of snow but with the tracks, it'll climb just about straight up.

Different tracks have a different pwr loss because of higher gearing etc.
eg. Traxion speed loss is about 10 % , Tatou's and most others loose
30-40% but pick up grunt on the bottom for climbing in deep stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom