Quad on a barge at Jackfish Lake

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has pictures of the gut floating his quad to the island at Jackfish Lake on the motorized barge. This Jackfish Lake is located near Carvel corner, thanks.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has pictures of the gut floating his quad to the island at Jackfish Lake on the motorized barge. This Jackfish Lake is located near Carvel corner, thanks.

Hmmm wonder why he would want to do that. That island is small.:confused:

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
here ya go

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 40

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the pic tko sled ed, i know the guy he is a great guy. his quad goes on the island so that he can clear his winter road and skating rink, also uses it to cross when ther is not enough ice to drive across. if you have more pics post them please. his handle is bigbri ( snow and mud ) he was pretty excited when you guys told him that you would post pics.:beer::beer::beer:

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see they're building a new cabin on the island....when we dropped our boat in a few weeks ago the owner was dropping off the drywall crew with his pontoon boat.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Well there ya go ......... knew there had to be a good explanation for it. :beer:

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, there's quite a few cabins on the island and they have a private barge they use for haulin goods & materials. My buddies wife had relatives that owned a couple but sold 1 off and still have 1 left. We stopped to talk with a guy with a Malibu on the island and while it's kinda cool it would be a PITA. My question is what do they do in case of a fire? Do you think they all pitched in for a gas powered pump and just suck out of the lake? It's not like they can float a fire truck across on that little barge:d

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to the guy with the barge today and asked about the fire risk, he said everyone is as careful as they can be, but there are many pumps as well as almost every cabin pulls water from the lake. The group on the island seems to be pretty tight with each other. I built an addition on bigbri's cabin two winters ago, I have to say it was easy when you could drive across on the ice, but what a pain in the ass when you had to float the materials and tools over, especially if you forgot anything at the truck. Was treated to many beers and steaks though.

Top Bottom