Public shaming on social media

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good maybe it will help weed out the FREELOADERS from the people that truely love the sport and are willing to pay their part in support.
Freeloading and lack of respect go hand and hand, i feel bad for the trail fee collectors having to deal with these arses.

Reactions: RXN

Blueriversledz-Digger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRPPS has started doing this also this season, way too many groups feeling the need not to pay to use plowed parking lots, toilets, maps, beacon checkers and of course the groomed trail systems. The snowmobile clubs of BC are here to help educate the riders on the areas they maintain.

Please treat and give all trail booth attendants the respect they deserve, they receive a lot of BS from these few individuals usually on a daily basis.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'ed be willing to give my time and effort and build steel gates at entrances of parking areas. Same type of gate used by the forestry. Put the pay booth next to it and then there would be no admittance till the individual pay's his user fee.
Part of this problem is a lot of these jerk's are unloaded and ready to go and just drive by the attendant knowing they needed to pay.
This way they need first to pay before unloading in the parking area.
You don't pay your not riding that area.

I do some what agree that public social media shaming will have a small effect. As there are a lot of people that do not use social media.
My self i know more sledder's that are not on any sledding forums or use any social media for sledding.

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only thing I could see that would be a problem, is people tampering with the gates or a backup of trucks on the highway.

I'ed be willing to give my time and effort and build steel gates at entrances of parking areas. Same type of gate used by the forestry. Put the pay booth next to it and then there would be no admittance till the individual pay's his user fee.
Part of this problem is a lot of these arses are unloaded and ready to go and just drive by the attendant knowing they needed to pay.
This way they need first to pay before unloading in the parking area.
You don't pay your not riding that area.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only thing I could see that would be a problem, is people tampering with the gates or a backup of trucks on the highway.

Not if you make an agreement with the local authorities, using no parking signs or no parking area. This would allow RCMP to ticket those or tow away.
Plus concrete mediums and snow banks can be put in place to not allow parking. Yes there might all way's be some asswhipe that might try. But then the attendant could make a call to the proper authorities for the illegal parking.

As for tampering with the gate, have you ever tried to open a forestry gate? unless you have a full cutting torch set and lots of time, it ain't happening.

Last edited:

AirNorth1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www3.telus.net
I was a trail pass collector for 5 years . If it wasn't for the 90 percent of peeps that were respectable individuals I would not of lasted for 5 days. Every tenth rig pulling up brought a moron which either shake their thick heads over the cost or ramble on about how their last ride included a rough trail. Some days I felt like grabbing them pulling them out thru the window and.... Then their were the ones that snuck thru the back way, or unloaded before I arrived and set up my signage. Such dicks. Good for the Kelowna club!!!!

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was a trail pass collector for 5 years . If it wasn't for the 90 percent of peeps that were respectable individuals I would not of lasted for 5 days. Every tenth rig pulling up brought a moron which either shake their thick heads over the cost or ramble on about how their last ride included a rough trail. Some days I felt like grabbing them pulling them out thru the window and.... Then their were the ones that snuck thru the back way, or unloaded before I arrived and set up my signage. Such dicks. Good for the Kelowna club!!!!

I have ride'n in the Greystoke (Kelowna) riding area and this area is located a long way's off the main road up a logging road. But even then baracade's could easily be installed.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have ride'n in the Greystoke (Kelowna) riding area and this area is located a long way's off the main road up a logging road. But even then baracade's could easily be installed.

Not allowed under most management agreements in BC. The only reason I don't say "all" management agreements is because you never know what might be out there.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not allowed under most management agreements in BC. The only reason I don't say "all" management agreements is because you never know what might be out there.

Correct but i didn't mean blocking logging road access but parking area only and access to trail.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you go to a game park or a resort or any place to enjoy an activity you generally have to pay a fee for admittance. The club's pay a royalty fee to the government for the use of these area's we enjoy and maintenance of these area's also cost a lot of money. The cost is transferred to us the user. So when these guy's don't pay they are actually stealing from you and i. As this can also drive the cost of operation up.

Yes they could find way's around, nothing is 100%

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the things i kinda wonder about is why these people choose to ride these area's that a trail pass is required. When there are so many other area's that require no trail pass to ride.
Some of the best riding in BC are away from club riding area's and there are lot's of them. You don't get the traffic, the snow is generally the best and no trail fee's.
The down side is no groomed trail to get in and out.
Just in Revy, one can ride without paying and have some of the best riding terrian found in that area....example Keystone, Area51 are two incredible areas to ride.
Ten times better then Boulder or Frisby.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think what would be better is if the people have to acquire a parking pass from the toll booth, and at the same time they purchase the tickets. No tickets... no parking pass.. Then if they can get permission to issue tagging and towing..?. or at least a hefty fine... Towing a truck and trailer is a pain for sure, but handing out tickets wouldn't. Put up signs everywhere to get the message across.

Not if you make an agreement with the local authorities, using no parking signs or no parking area. This would allow RCMP to ticket those or tow away.
Plus concrete mediums and snow banks can be put in place to not allow parking. Yes there might all way's be some asswhipe that might try. But then the attendant could make a call to the proper authorities for the illegal parking.

As for tampering with the gate, have you ever tried to open a forestry gate? unless you have a full cutting torch set and lots of time, it ain't happening.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think what would be better is if the people have to acquire a parking pass from the toll booth, and at the same time they purchase the tickets. No tickets... no parking pass.. Then if they can get permission to issue tagging and towing..?. or at least a hefty fine... Towing a truck and trailer is a pain for sure, but handing out tickets wouldn't. Put up signs everywhere to get the message across.

Nice i like it, good idea. Plus a lot cheaper then gates. Now can the club's get the authorities on board? and wonder about legalities of ticketing and towing?

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Nice i like it, good idea. Plus a lot cheaper then gates. Now can the club's get the authorities on board? and wonder about legalities of ticketing and towing?

Bell collects the fees at the beginning of the road up to the parking area. GREAT idea, imo. No pay, no park. Doesn't stop the whiners at all tho.

Top Bottom