The end of an icon

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chevy made it official. The Corvette will be getting a hybrid variant in the very near future, and a battery electric version not far after that. While they still assure us gear heads that there will be an internal combustion version sold alongside the others, this surely signals a major turning point in the automotive world.

Not to mention that they are shelving the Candi Camaro once again after 2024. Dodge is also putting the Hellcat to rest, to be replaced with an electric model in the next two years.

Times are changing.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't worry. It will be fast.
It surely will be fast. It just won't have the same soul. That feeling of raw power that you get from the exhaust note of a high power combustion engine tearing through you. The sound alone is enough to get a gear heads heart racing. With electric we will have superior performance in every measurable aspect, it will never quite be the same though for a car guy.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They should have a decibel adjustment to quarter mile times so if you have a slower car that is louder it could compete against a faster electric car.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Electric has a long ways to go before its beating fossil fuel in the quarter mile.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fastest corvette quarter mile time I can find with a quick search is in 1963 corvette(not stock obviously) @ 6.540 211.36mph.

Twin Turbo C8's are in the 9's.

Gas is still fast, and you can mod the chit out of them to go as fast as your wallet will let you.

8 second C7

1651033865072.png

Last edited:
Reactions: RXN

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This ones electric. Prettt fast, never heard of it before.

I watched that Rimac. Pretty impressive time. Just looked lame doing it.

Give me a long range fast charging battery electric heavy duty truck, and I'll gladly take it. Just leave the cars that were built for performance instead of fuel economy alone.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I watched that Rimac. Pretty impressive time. Just looked lame doing it.

Give me a long range fast charging battery electric heavy duty truck, and I'll gladly take it. Just leave the cars that were built for performance instead of fuel economy alone.

Im with ya. I like burning gas.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Am throwing stones while living in a glass house but are people feeling the C8? Every time I see a C7 I like them more than seeing a C8.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Am throwing stones while living in a glass house but are people feeling the C8? Every time I see a C7 I like them more than seeing a C8.

My bother just picked up a C7, but i like the C8 too.

Was going to get a C7, but bother has one so thinking a porshe 911. Or maybe a C8 haha

Last edited:
Top Bottom