Property guys vs. Comfree

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buying real-estate in Fort st John is sorta like gambling. LOL.

Im sure realtors everywhere are so thankful you are the voice of reason for their industry. Really, you're digging a deeper hole for you and all realtors with every post.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buying real-estate in Fort st John is sorta like gambling. LOL.

you don't know much about the area hey, maybe you should inform yourself before making comments....Just saying

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of talk not, much credentials put forth though..............
there is a lot more to real estate than a few cookie cutter homes in the city.............LMFAO.:nono:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you don't know much about the area hey, maybe you should inform yourself before making comments....just saying

lmao. !!! I know a little bit, I know over the last 40 years or so it's been one of the most volatile markets in BC, way high, then in the dumper for a few years, then turn around and peak rapidly. I know that there have been periods of 3 to 5 years where you couldn't for any price get your equity out of a residence in FSJ , I know a whole bunch of people who have acquired a ton of property over the years there by buying at fire sale prices from people who had to sell at a loss because of having to relocate because of employment issues, and Im pretty sure that that cycle that has been in existence as long as most people can remember caused as always by the type of industry FSJ relies on almost wholly, is going to rear up and bite a whole bunch of people on the a$$ again. Especially the ones with big mortgages and all kinds of debt from toy and recreational activities, when the next slowdown happens, and it's inevitable, they are the next group to take the hit. Hopefully you are one of the ones who will be able to weather the storm, cause in John, it's not if, it's when.
Probably caused by that Realtor mafia That was mentioned earlier . LOL.
Hope it works out well for you and your family, it can be devastating financially and tough to rebound from for young people.

Last edited:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sure realtors everywhere are so thankful you are the voice of reason for their industry. Really, you're digging a deeper hole for you and all realtors with every post.

Your opinion matters, ............... To others, 4 of them, ........... Somewhere. Lol.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would agree, if you meant well informed, that is.

The best part about this whole thread is the lack of convincing arguments against those who believe realtors are leaches, greedy, and untalented. Enjoy your ride, it's about to come to a screeching halt.

No , I think the best part is doofus's like you who beak off with dumb assinine caustic comments regarding any industryand all it's members as a whole. Usually those criticisms are driven by envy and jealousy, quite often caused by a lack of personal success and accomplishment.
Or maybe you're still mad cause your blockbuster movie card you bought still had 6 free movies on it. LOL.
Who knows , who cares, the real estate industry will continue to morph and adjust cause as I said , there will always be a need for a full service real estate service of some fashion, and a need for a discount fee option. It's definetly a time of change right now though.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you don't know much about the area hey, maybe you should inform yourself before making comments....Just saying

Other side of the coin, we've seen an awful lot of guys who have made a ton of money buying and selling real estate in FSJ, some based on market savvy or understanding historical recurring trends, or maybe being privy to early info re the resource world ( lucky buggers) or maybe just lucky.
Unfortunately, as in most markets, for any group to make huge equity gains , there's a way larger group who is suffering huge losses as a result. Nomwhere is this more evident than in the real estate markets of resource industry based towns and cities.
Right now there are a whole bunch of unfortunate people in Tumbler Ridge who are going thru a similar situation, albeit a little more drastic, but FSJ has been there in the past, as have a lot of other areas.

Remember this bumper sticker, I think it originated in FSJ.

"Lord please let there be another oil and gas boom, I promise not to pi$$ it all away this time "

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No , I think the best part is doofus's like you who beak off with dumb assinine caustic comments regarding any industryand all it's members as a whole. Usually those criticisms are driven by envy and jealousy, quite often caused by a lack of personal success and accomplishment.
Or maybe you're still mad cause your blockbuster movie card you bought still had 6 free movies on it. LOL.
Who knows , who cares, the real estate industry will continue to morph and adjust cause as I said , there will always be a need for a full service real estate service of some fashion, and a need for a discount fee option. It's definetly a time of change right now though.

strange how the reply's on here supporting Realtors, and their value, is roughly 1 for every 10 negative replies.(i'm assuming the two positive replies are from Realtors) Not sure what that means.

Nice use of the big words above. Spent all night working in it?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife said she is too busy listing and selling to reply. But if anyone has any questions about realtors giver her a call.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
strange how the reply's on here supporting Realtors, and their value, is roughly 1 for every 10 negative replies.(i'm assuming the two positive replies are from Realtors) Not sure what that means.

Nice use of the big words above. Spent all night working in it?

sorry if you had to look up a few words, i'll try and dumb it down for your comfort next time.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
there is no denying that.....

hmmm, boys with their toys aren't feeling the love anymore? I heard a new word phrase from an outdoorsy guy from south Chile recently who was going back to Chile, describing our economy as "ego based consumerism", think about that for a second.

johnsmithnf

Reaction score
I had just sold with 2% reality pro and purchased with them as well. Very good service and professional. Much better than some other the "local" realtors I inquired about listing my house. Realtor was Tammy Booth and my listing was in Fort Sask. Not sure if she works out of St. Albert. I did get offers with the buyers agent requesting extra commission (3/1.5%). Those realtors feel their entitled for their services. Only downfall was with my 2% realtor she was constantly on the phone and texting every time we did a showing. Being peak time for them, 2% reality is gathering a lot of listings. However, letting us look at the house on our terms was great as she knew as much about the property which was listed anyway. As for comfree, super awkward from the buyers perspective. The couple comfrees we viewed the owner would not leave our side and watched us very closely. My wife and I and to discuss the showing after in the car because we don't want to express your interest too much and to criticize the house (one place was extremely filthy!) I think your best luck on selling and for top dollar is thru a realtor.
A little off topic but I'm looking at selling my house right now don't really want to do Comfree as I have to be at home to show the house and my weekends in summer are worth a lot to me. Has anyone had good experiences with the discounted realtors like 2% realtors or ones that charge less than the "standard" rate ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In bigger centre's, if you expect to reach the biggest market, you need to use a realtor. I move all the time through work and I don't pi$$ around when I need to buy so I get a realtor to show me the area that I am new to. I am not looking through classifieds or scanning Kijiji, hoping to connect with multiple owners and arrange times to view houses. I don't have the time. That is what a realtor is for and when buying, it doesn't cost me a penny. And for those selling on their own, guys like me that need to buy a house in a week, never looks at yours. Some might argue that is a small market, but again, one less buyer. Also, realtors are not taking clients like me to all the private houses with no commission. There are still a lot of people using realtors, so you lose that crowd too. Sometimes the commission becomes real cheap if you can double or triple your exposure to possible clients.

Just my 2cents.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
These Com-Free people make me laugh. Everyone thinks they are SOOO much smarter than people that use realtors... There is a REASON everyone doesnt save "8 grand" or whatever they say a house. "IM GOING TO SELL PRIVATE AND SAVE ALL THIS MONEY" but first.... I have to find a realtor to do all of the leg work for me because I have NOOOO idea what my house is worth and I NEED to get it apraised. So basically Im going to wind up doing the exact same thing that the average person does Im just not going to pay the realtor anything. Nobody every ever writes the horror storys off of com-free or how they have had to bail out and grab a realtor becuase they get in over thier head with offers, agreements, terms... I would NEVER EVER do that... Get a realtor. WHY people decide to cut corners when it comes to the MOST EXPENSIVE thing they own is totally beyond me.... Most of the time if you have a decent realtor the amount of money they can get you for your home will more than offset the price of commision.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just sold a bought a house this past winter, I used a realtor for the sale of mine, when we discussed the selling price I underestimated the price of my place by 25000 bucks. I thought I knew the market but I was mistaken.
I've had good experiences using realtors, but there are realtors that are lazy and put a sour taste in some and I totally understand their concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom