Proclimb back to M series

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 2012 is the odd man out year because it was a new model and there was very little calibration on it. If you get a chance, try a 2014, the setup is wayy better as the test riders have much more input on it. For example, the 2014s are 18 lbs less than previous and also with the new coolers, hold much less snow than the 2013/2012's, the new spindles are better etc etc. They take some time to set up, you have to try setups that you really think won't work before you rule them out, because I've found that you can't be too far forward on them. The M is still a great sled and yes....much easier to work on.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The M is still a great sled and yes....much easier to work on.

There is no doubt that I loved my M series; but after spending 2 seasons getting my '12 dialed in and now a season not having to touch it. I also couldn't go back to an old style chassis. As far as the XM's go, I think they are great sleds too, but I'd rather be stuck and sit watching God's gift to sledding drive circles around my stuck ProClimb than own one of them.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no doubt that I loved my M series; but after spending 2 seasons getting my '12 dialed in and now a season not having to touch it. I also couldn't go back to an old style chassis. As far as the XM's go, I think they are great sleds too, but I'd rather be stuck and sit watching God's gift to sledding drive circles around my stuck ProClimb than own one of them.

Had 3 (out of 4) Doo motors go down in our group since about this time last year. 1600 kms, 2700 kms, 3300 kms respectively, all crank related (newer than 07's!). Needless to say the 4th rider is freaking out right now and we don't blame him but he's only got 1300 kms on his so hoping it will complete the season. People talk about how the Cat's smoke but at least you know they are getting oil and fuel. I agree, the XP/XM is a great sled in the chassis, the law of averages doesn't look good in our group for crank failures though. I used to be a loyal Doo rider but it got old. I'll happily trade being stuck once more each day than my Doo buddies if it means getting 2-3 times the life out of a motor.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had 3 (out of 4)I'll happily trade being stuck once more each day than my Doo buddies if it means getting 2-3 times the life out of a motor.

Good point! Glad I won't be in the market for a few more years and can get an idea of what's surviving better. The rate I'm riding my '10 M8 this year it's liable to last me forever.

Iamcatman

Reaction score
I have ridden a 12 PC, and didnt like it compared to my 09 M8. Also, 9000 km, and never opened the motor. never seen a doo doo that! Also, I have my sled down to about 445 LB, so its nice to throw around

ajb1205

Reaction score
Had the chance to ride a 14 m8 in McBride...would buy one in a heartbeat. Felt very similar to my 11 m8 but took way less effort to throw around. Also tried a 14 Summit...now that would take time to get used to lol.

Sent from my Samsung 4s

Top Bottom