Pro big bore decision

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys

I got a quick ride in last weekend out at Lucile and got to see how this sled runs. It was a bit of a pain at first, but after a few KM's it started working great. Takes a while for the system to create a proper map. By the end of the day it was running really strong. I was actually over revving with 66 gram weights. That's a 4 gram pump from the last motor. The bottom end and mid range is very strong. I think with a spring change I can get more on the top end as well. there wasn't that much snow, but it was a good first impression. The more I ride it the better it will get. I might even run a set of 68 gram weights a well.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:

429dhm

Reaction score
With the new AFR plus controller what happens to the controller when the sensor fails? Does it store a map or is it always running closed loop?

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
From what I was told, Yes. By the time you get to where the O2 sensors fails it will have a perfect map stored for your motor and will rely on that info until a new O2 sensor is put in. Nice thing is the sensors are only like $75, and are just a common Bosch brand!!

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I got a quick ride in last weekend out at Lucile and got to see how this sled runs. It was a bit of a pain at first, but after a few KM's it started working great. Takes a while for the system to create a proper map. By the end of the day it was running really strong. I was actually over revving with 66 gram weights. That's a 4 gram pump from the last motor. The bottom end and mid range is very strong. I think with a spring change I can get more on the top end as well. there wasn't that much snow, but it was a good first impression. The more I ride it the better it will get. I might even run a set of 68 gram weights a well.
Paul told me you had some video from the weekend? He said it was sounding pretty wicked!

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

What are you running for springs, helix , gearing , track ?

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
this is what MTNTK recommended and what i em running now. 11-66 gram weights, stock polaris primary spring, team tied secondary with a 73-63. 46 helix with a team black yellow spring. my gearing is 19/43 and i have a new dual durometer peak 163 2.5. I think there is a bit left on the top end. but the new mapping needs more time, i would like ot try some 10-66 weights with a different primary spring to see how the shift out would compare. time will tell.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Paul told me you had some video from the weekend? He said it was sounding pretty wicked!

Hey curtis. i only got a few videos. its alot different than before. Max RPM is 7950, makes lots of torque like your cat.... just not as much.... lol

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We had one of the best weekends in a while and I cant stop talking about how good this MTNTK full mod motor is. It has awesome bottom end and pulls strong all the way to 8000 RPM. Several guys from our group rode it and were impressed as well. I changed a few things in the clutching, but other than that the kit works awesome!!!

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can vouch for the MTNTK kit also, i rode with dragonweld all weekend. It flat out rips and pulls hard.

Top Bottom