Pro big bore decision

CHASEWINTERS

Reaction score
I've got a 2013 Pro with 2800km on it and I'm ready to replace the pistons at the very least, and I am considering the RK TEK 858 or the MTNTK full mod kits. Does anyone have any experience with these kits positive or negative? Or any suggestions up and above either option?

I'd love to build up a Boost it turbo, but I will probably hold off for my next sled what ever that might be.

Thanks in advance for your input.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I've got a 2013 Pro with 2800km on it and I'm ready to replace the pistons at the very least, and I am considering the RK TEK 858 or the MTNTK full mod kits. Does anyone have any experience with these kits positive or negative? Or any suggestions up and above either option?

I'd love to build up a Boost it turbo, but I will probably hold off for my next sled what ever that might be.

if you check with Rhodesie on here I know he's running an RK Tek Big Bore, I can't remember what size but I know he was super happy with it.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not say the rk isn't good but I would look into the Carls cycle 900 kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you check with Rhodesie on here I know he's running an RK Tek Big Bore, I can't remember what size but I know he was super happy with it.
Ya Ty I love my 858. Just flat rips. Bev and Justins 13's with the 13.5:1 drop in are wicked also. Can't wait for my new snowcheck so I can tear it down also, lol!

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have the 13.5 drop in kit and I wasn't that happy with it. I will be pulling it out in the next little bit and sending my cylinders to Indy Dan to get strengthened. Then I'm sending the cylinder and exhaust valves to bikeman to try our there 860 performance kit. They say it dyno's at 186 HP. Not sure how true that its, but worth a try.

There kit includes a taller, larger piston and spacer like all the other fix kits out there. Really looking forward to turning some wrenches!!

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested in the pistons and head from your sled if your going another route
IMHO it adds a bit. Throw on the slp pipe can pcV and then it really rips The slp stuff is worth 3-400 rpm just putting it on not touching anything else

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'd be interested in the pistons and head from your sled if your going another route
IMHO it adds a bit. Throw on the slp pipe can pcV and then it really rips The slp stuff is worth 3-400 rpm just putting it on not touching anything else

Ill be starting in the next moth or so. Shoot me a PM and we can make something work.

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd talk to Deano from mad motorsports out of Camrose(i think that's the place). He was doing a bigbore with Brent Linderman i believe. But then again I'd rather support someone local if possible.

aderry

Reaction score
I'd talk to Deano from mad motorsports out of Camrose(i think that's the place). He was doing a bigbore with Brent Linderman i believe. But then again I'd rather support someone local if possible.

I think mad motorsports is in leduc. I have never bought any thing from there, but talked to dean on the phone and seems like a top notch guy and that's where my money would go.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Deano is in Leduc for sure! You probably won't find a better guy to deal with in the industry!

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Did you turn up the oiler when you bought the sled or just run it stock?

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
still have yet to be impressed with my RK TEK 858 A lot of Money to barely keep up with my piped and clutched etec. Hopefully linderman can make it work

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My pro will be tore down this week and parts will be sent out. I want to be ahead of the game on this one. Ill put some pics up once the parts start coming in.
155 hp to 185 hp is a big jump. those are both suggested numbers by both companies, so it will be interesting either way.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My pro will be tore down this week and parts will be sent out. I want to be ahead of the game on this one. Ill put some pics up once the parts start coming in.
155 hp to 185 hp is a big jump. those are both suggested numbers by both companies, so it will be interesting either way.

I think the Dragon motors were 155 or 151hp and the pro are mid 140's if I am not mistaking. So if it's going to a 185hp will be even a bigger jump, a guy will feel that for sure!

rmscustom

Reaction score
I'm curious if you have talked to BMP about having Indy Dan gusset your skirts and what they think about the extra material potentially blocking the transfer ports?

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pfi572 is correct 185hp is not going to happen, so Benny don't count on that. But when you got it all in and done I will pay to take it to the dyno at Niels to see the actual HP. We all would like a good working product that dose what it says.
On Neils dyno the pros tend to be 136 to 138 hp.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was basing that number from what Kelsey said about his RK Tek drop in kit. I'm currently running his head and pistons, which I was told they make 155 hp. Yes i agree a stock pro is around 140.I know 185 HP is a long shot but its worth a try. I saw this video, maybe I just don't know how dyno's work, but how do you fake that?? IT held 182-184 for 30 seconds. I know elevation plays a big part, so if its at sea level to make that power, I know that here in Edmonton it wont. We are just over 2000 feet, I think anyways. Excited either way.

It wont let me add the video.....google bikeman full throttle torture test 2013 polaris 860 big bore.

Last edited:

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was basing that number from what Kelsey said about his RK Tek drop in kit. I'm currently running his head and pistons, which I was told they make 155 hp. Yes i agree a stock pro is around 140.I know 185 HP is a long shot but its worth a try. I saw this video, maybe I just don't know how dyno's work, but how do you fake that?? IT held 182-184 for 30 seconds. I know elevation plays a big part, so if its at sea level to make that power, I know that here in Edmonton it wont. We are just over 2000 feet, I think anyways. Excited either way.

It wont let me add the video.....google bikeman full throttle torture test 2013 polaris 860 big bore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76lc9bKqllA

Top Bottom