private ohv riding clubs

daddys girl

Reaction score
I know I,m stepping on some toes here but it,s just a idea.Why not buy some land and start private clubs.This may be the only way we can keep riding any way so just give it some thought.
We pay for camping,trail passes plates insurance with private property no more paying no more government bull shet.

So what does every one think

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know the jeep and truck people go to Total Off Road Experience
It's a private place.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They already exist. If I get to the point where I can buy the land trust me it will be used for riding, and be used for private riding lol.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know I,m stepping on some toes here but it,s just a idea.Why not buy some land and start private clubs.This may be the only way we can keep riding any way so just give it some thought.
We pay for camping,trail passes plates insurance with private property no more paying no more government bull shet.

So what does every one think

Depending on where you go in relation to large cities you will be paying $125-175K for a quarter section (this would be junk nonfarmable land), for 1.5-2hrs north of Edmonton. Prices skyrocket as you go south. Decent riding area would be 4 quarters for younger kids(15 -20 kids). When adult rides occur just imagine how far you go and how much land that is!
I like your idea and lobbying for crown land riding parks seems to be the way to goto me.
There is continually more and more pressure on wide open cown land riding as land use leases increase.

Leasing an area for a club or "business venture" would seem dooable.
Strangers investing together...............would have to be run as a business so structure is defined - especially if land is purchased.
The legal ramifications of an incident in a multi owner private venture...........I would be getting group insurance regardless of what others do.
If i were you and you had a couple families together I would look towards the business lease route....less cash up front.
You will have all kinds of new friends once they know you have a riding area! This is the bussiness and waiver part.

For those that own land don't sell it cause they are not making any more and it is not getting any cheaper.

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We looked at buying land by Rocky next to crown land. The idea of parking our trailer for the summer and have a private camping area.
Counties have rules on land use also.

Top Bottom