Prince George

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In PG for acouple of days and was wondering if there was somewhere fairly close to town to go for a ride in the afternoon,ill probably be alone so somewhere you still get cell service would be great,any suggestions would be apprieceated.Thanks

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill take that as a no.

North to the Fraser FSR and Darby areas... Just about to Summit Lake. Good areas if you are solo. We were there today- lotsa snow, but in need of fresh. I think hubby is planning a trip to the Torpy on Friday if you are still around...

PM me and I will get you some better directions...

Last edited:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am heading outthere next wekend if you could pm me some area that would be good as well momma. going with 1 newbie and a hasn't rode in a long time guy. they are both locals, snowboarders ugghhh. lol is there anywhere up there to rent a decent sled. the one guy has to rent and i have heard all you can get is trail sleds on rental in p.g.
as for fresh i hope some comes by next weekend but not to worried as it is still waayyy more than we have here.

Ape

Reaction score
Can't answer about rentals but I just came home from jasper last weekend and the ditches along the hwy east of town near pruden mountain are full and untouched. Pruden lake has a gas station there and you can park and ride from there. It is about 45 km from town. If you like to ditch bash then it would be good. Don't buy gas at the station unless you have a load of gold bricks with you.

dirtbag

Reaction score
not much actually at purden to ride but 5min more toward mcbride is,just past the sugar bowl ,on the right is a forest service road that leads out to the tumuch valley,you can go for days out there,the terrain is endless.you can also unload at the cross country trails past tabor and staying off the cross country trails,you can go towards the ski hill and find a route that takes you around the skihill to the top of the mountain and connect with the pg clubs trails...

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks guys for the info. th 2 guys i am riding with are locals so should be ok for these areas your suggesting, they are snowboarders though :(poor guys hoping to convert them.

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
baldy mountian south of town has cell service and is a fun afternoon you can be in the alpine in an hour.
i ride there myself often

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
apparently we can ride from my buddys brothers house onto the trail system and then on to wherever. not sure if the trails go anywhere good though.:confused:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
apparently we can ride from my buddys brothers house onto the trail system and then on to wherever. not sure if the trails go anywhere good though.:confused:

What area does your buddy live in- I could tell you where you will be headed and if it's worth it.

We got rain all day yesterday, so if it is low elevation, prepare for ice rocks and heavy slogging.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What area does your buddy live in- I could tell you where you will be headed and if it's worth it.

We got rain all day yesterday, so if it is low elevation, prepare for ice rocks and heavy slogging.

not sure where his brother lives which direction would be best to head from town to possibly find any decent snow. lol
will be heading up Friday and riding sat morning till early aft.
your false advertising saying you livin in alberta.:)

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure where his brother lives which direction would be best to head from town to possibly find any decent snow. lol
will be heading up Friday and riding sat morning till early aft.
your false advertising saying you livin in alberta.:)

Ya... We moved :)

North towards Powder King/Summit Lake/North Fraser FSR; or, East towards the FSR that was mentioned past the Sugar Bowl. Anywhere south or west of town is a waste of time.

Lots of snow North- but no Fresh to be had. It's deep and heavy, if not totally crusted...

East will be the same at lower elevations, but at least most of the land mines are covered. Can't say the same for south or west trails.

Ape

Reaction score
Just got back from north of town and it is crusted hard but there is still some untouched in a few areas that we didn't get to. Had to go out to try out my new to me 2010 xp. Wow is that different to ride than my old zx chassis. I think I like it alot though. Just need some fresh and we are going to be in good.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your supposed to get some fresh be fore the weekend so hopefully it happens, or at least warms up to soften the crusties.

YamaDoo PolCat

Reaction score

I as reading this and wondering if your buddy's are talking about riding the PG Snowmobile Club trails or something else? Hopefully your buddies are club members and support what the local club does to keep trails and other areas open around PG. A membership can be bought at any of the local shops.

Top Bottom