pretty scary

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think anything got covered but i cant say for sure, that was all Brown's group that were close to the slide path. That one guy that got stuck must have been chitting himself.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
playing on big lines in big terrain is the game,
so are avalanches ...

but when it comes time to crack a beer, or even just time to shut off your sled, find an elevated safe zone please ...

other than that ... show me something I havent seen before and climb that damn thing !!!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But I thought chris brown promoted avalanche safety and awareness LOL....

Some times stuff happens no matter how safe you are. And it's hard not to get caught up in the moment and forget to be safety aware.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But I thought chris brown promoted avalanche safety and awareness LOL....

He absolutely does, and he was the first one to speak up and call himself on his poor choice of the day. It is something we can all learn from and he knew it, which is why he did the opposite of the ole cover up. He's not Holier than though.. a regular sledder like us who tries to do his best to contribute to the industry. We are human, and we all make mistakes. I was thankful that he shared his experience. None of us are immune to adrenaline and ego. None of us.. no matter what our training.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol,,, Yeah shouldnt be parked under stuff like that eh.....

Looks like a fun climb tho!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The remote trigger was the significant information. It was over the left hand side of where Chris was climbing. That can happen to anyone. Chris told his group to move and like he said, maybe they didn't move far enough. People can sit in run-out zones! Remember the BIS a couple of years ago. That was a lesson learned. This should also be a lesson learned particularly for the people who sitting below and watching.

Chris did what he should have; let them know what he was doing and told them to move. All turned out well and the debris pile was only a couple of feet deep. Quite manageable but then again one never knows about how much will come down. The angels were on Chris's side this time......:)

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know when we did the BRP sponsored avy course with Carole Savage this year she pointed out that hills like that with lots of rock showing are some of the easiest to avalanche. Apparently snow doesn't adhere to rock very well. This is a good demonstration of that happening.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That right there is why I keep everything on my sled, lunch and spare gloves, goggles, water. First year I always had my back pack off and I thought if one of these hills slid am I going to leave my helmet and avy bag and just ride away? So now bags always on, Helmet is just a second pop on and gone.

Top Bottom