premium gauge module, 08 vs 12.

fountaintirexp

Reaction score
Website
www.fountaintire.com
Took the Premium gauge module out of my 08x, and installed it in the 12 Freeride tonight. Interesting thing, the 08 gauges showed compass, elevation, engine temp, top speed, and average speed. Same module put in the Freeride and now it also has litres/100km and something called TC? I think it might be total consumption, but i'm not sure. What do you think this last one means? I cant find any reference to it in any manuals.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took the Premium gauge module out of my 08x, and installed it in the 12 Freeride tonight. Interesting thing, the 08 gauges showed compass, elevation, engine temp, top speed, and average speed. Same module put in the Freeride and now it also has litres/100km and something called TC? I think it might be total consumption, but i'm not sure. What do you think this last one means? I cant find any reference to it in any manuals.

Yep. Total comsumtion. Like we care mph we are geting

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep. Total comsumtion. Like we care mph we are geting

Haha yah really eh.. Woulda bought a touring sled with 600 ace in it if that were the case lol

Sent from a phone likely at work

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't understand?

You took the premium gauge from an '08 and put it in a '12 Freeride? Why? The Freeride already has the Premium gauge in it. Stock it shows everything you described, side form the engine temp, including the fuel consumption and yes the TC is total consumption as described in your Operators Manual. The only thing you should have gained is the temp.

And why would I care how much fuel I am burning? So I have a better idea when I passed the 100 litre breakin period.

Tex - and you said mph...not mpg. Just sayin.

fountaintirexp

Reaction score
Website
www.fountaintire.com
I don't understand?

You took the premium gauge from an '08 and put it in a '12 Freeride? Why? The Freeride already has the Premium gauge in it. Stock it shows everything you described, side form the engine temp, including the fuel consumption and yes the TC is total consumption as described in your Operators Manual. The only thing you should have gained is the temp.

And why would I care how much fuel I am burning? So I have a better idea when I passed the 100 litre breakin period.

I didn't have any of those functions before the module, just rpm, and speed.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't understand?

Woops. My bad.
Stupid smart phone

Mpg. Not mph

fountaintirexp

Reaction score
Website
www.fountaintire.com
the freeride definitely has all the features minus engine temp and compasS, which you can buy the plugin module from BRP.

Un-plugged the module today just to see if i was having acid flashbacks and confirmed that the sled has no other functions other than rpm and speed without the module that i purchased. I guess i got one of a kind.

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 X and just last weekend noticed the Temp gauge thing when comparing to a buddies 08, why would it not be in the 2012 X thought it was kind of a nice feature, especially when I was over heating and not knowing where I was at with temp and he knew.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The temp module is an add on for all Summits. He or someone else added it to his sled. You can add it to yours.

It Should be a standard item...

Top Bottom