Power Valve Servo Calibration

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, buddy is working on his sled and cleaning his power valves, said he turned the servo clockwise and got the cables out, then went to re-install and had to turn the servo motor a little to get the cables back in (before he re-installed them), now he's wondering if he's somehow "uncalibrated" his servo motor for the PV opening. Said he turned it less than a 1/4 turn.

I know they self-calibrate or cycle by just turning I think but thought I would check with folks here. Does he need to "calibrate" the servo motor somehow or just re-install the cables and turn it until the cables are tight again and then go? any insight is appreciated.

Merry Xmas.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, buddy is working on his sled and cleaning his power valves, said he turned the servo clockwise and got the cables out, then went to re-install and had to turn the servo motor a little to get the cables back in (before he re-installed them), now he's wondering if he's somehow "uncalibrated" his servo motor for the PV opening. Said he turned it less than a 1/4 turn.

I know they self-calibrate or cycle by just turning I think but thought I would check with folks here. Does he need to "calibrate" the servo motor somehow or just re-install the cables and turn it until the cables are tight again and then go? any insight is appreciated.

Merry Xmas.

Just went over and had a peek at it, looks like once the cables are adjusted to the correct length (1.377" as per spec), once you crank it back to the clockwise direction, it just tightens up at the point where the cables start pulling the PVs open. In theory, just make sure the cables are at spec and then re-install on the pulley, then turn servo motor clockwise until cables get tight, and should be good to go right? we checked and cable tension just starts to pull the PV, so this is what I'm thinking is the standard, regardless of where the motor got turned to when he bumped it, the motor has to be rotated to put the tension on the cables so they start opening at this point.

Any more info would be great, but I'm guessing this is how it has to be.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just went over and had a peek at it, looks like once the cables are adjusted to the correct length (1.377" as per spec), once you crank it back to the clockwise direction, it just tightens up at the point where the cables start pulling the PVs open. In theory, just make sure the cables are at spec and then re-install on the pulley, then turn servo motor clockwise until cables get tight, and should be good to go right? we checked and cable tension just starts to pull the PV, so this is what I'm thinking is the standard, regardless of where the motor got turned to when he bumped it, the motor has to be rotated to put the tension on the cables so they start opening at this point.

Any more info would be great, but I'm guessing this is how it has to be.

your good to go, the servo motor calibrates itself

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
make sure the retaining clip is put on propperly or it will fray the PV cable when the motor cycles

Top Bottom