Post your Freeride pics and your yays or nays

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking hard about a 154 freeride.....Im a big heavy guy so i think it will be the ticket for ditch and field riding at home and still we good in the hills.

Any issues with them?? My cousin had an 08 and had tons of problems. now he has a 12 cross fire and is having a ton of problems. Guess the statement is true, do not buy a first year sled, 50/50 chance your in the R&D department.

Hes talking about a 137 1-3/4" for only sask riding but wants something leave it stock reliable and so do i.

I currently have a 155 2.4" track so the length wont bother me, and the 16" track should float better?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No better sled for both types of riding but be prepared the freeride does take a lot of rider input in the mountains. Deep snow not to bad but marginal snow he front end likes to stay planted as that is what the sled is designed for Being much wider and all.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yah but my iq is a 38-41 stance and probably the same weight. i only go to the hills in february, and might start going in december as well (depends on holiday time) and there is always deep fresh snow. We always go to blue river so 4000-6000 ft with tree riding.

I get around OK now. More power and more track would help me. More interested in getting stuck less so i can acctually get more technical. My iq is a trench king.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of my riding is in Alberta and I love my freeride. It handles everything. And I mean everything

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh and hows the cooling??? the HCR and Assault have ch!t cooling for the odd packed trail thats another reason im looking else where.

and damnit post some pics, even if its stock.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh and hows the cooling??? the HCR and Assault have ch!t cooling for the odd packed trail thats another reason im looking else where.

and damnit post some pics, even if its stock.

I've never had one heat light on icy trails up or riding locally. This is my '12.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never had one heat light on icy trails up or riding locally. This is my '12.

Looks good, what you think for mods? I really can only see frog skin vent covers and some aftermarket board inserts.

Also the steering inline with the post is the way to go hey?

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rotated bars forward. That one on the trailer is 3 minutes after I picked it up. All I've done for mods are relocate dimmer and kill switch. Goggle defrost bag on clutch cover. And cut my ski's. Just gas and go. Some guys change clutching. Mines been ok. Clicker 1 at 2500ft 8000 rpm. No higher than 3 or 4 for the same in revy, vale or wherever. Love the suspension. Overall.......happy.

dmoorhouse

Reaction score
Mills you forgot to mention the nice green shade added to the hood from the tree climb though.

Top Bottom