Possibly selling 2 quads to get a newer one

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I currently have an 06 KVF 700 and an 09 BF 750 that i might sell to buy a newer brute or can-am. Are there any issues with the 2011-12 can-am 800? I will most likely stick with a kawi as these 2 quads have been flawless but i really like the can-am and i know they have awesome power and a great ride. I've owned the KVF since new and have never had any problems with it. I bought the BF last fall and so far its been great. Al i'm looking for is info on any issues with that are somewhat common on the Can-am's. No brand bashing or pissing contests please.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine will throw codes for the low voltage and power steering when the going gets rough like heavy winching and deep mud that overcomes the steering. But turn it off or let up catch up in charging and it is fine. I love that quad and would buy another without hesitation. 2012 outlander max.
384332_10151080061176806_1355740993_n.jpg

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I've put the Can-am 800 to the test. Had 4 of them. I've drowned them more than 10 times, destroyed them in roll overs, dropped one off a cliff, burnt one to the ground. They are tough as hell.
2 of the 4 developed gas leaks from behind the plastic outer shell on the gas tank that is supposed to be a protector. Rocks and dirt build up in between the tank and this shell causing a hole to be rubbed through the tank. This is how one of them burnt up on me. The engines are bullet proof. All my quads were piped, chipped, clutched, snorkelled. FYI Can-am is not the only brand of quads I own. Nothing stands up to a sh!t kicking like Can-am.

PS. That was a point A to point B creek crossing with minimal creek bottom disturbance. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what you are saying is your quads have seen more time 4 wheels up than down,.. could you sell your tires brand new never been used? :)

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat too. Looking at a can am. I come from Yamaha world, so to make this jump is HUGE.

So far, I haven't been able to find much negative about them! Buddy of mine had over 4000 pms on his 10 outty 800 xtp. Zero issues. He's a big guy (6'4, 300+). All he had go wrong in the time he had it was 3 belts, and the fuel pump was starting to go...

Not bad considering he's kind of a bigger guy and just does the basic maintenance.

He's convinced me to go buy one I think. He put down a deposit on another 800 this week. His 10 got stolen.

Top Bottom